+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Deploy Centre in Technical; We got an update to the new version of the Ghost Solution Suite (v1.1) last week taking us up to ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Deploy Centre

We got an update to the new version of the Ghost Solution Suite (v1.1) last week taking us up to Ghost Corp v8.3. Included in there was a Symantec badged version of Powerquest Deploy Centre.

Now I used to use Drive Image when I worked for a computer mail order company that shall not be named because they're evil and it was good. However I never managed to play with Deploy Centre.

How does it compare with Ghost Corp Edition and the Ghost console? Any good?

Cheers,

Norphy

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,814 Times in 1,126 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Deploy Centre

Until we moved over to RIS we used Deploy Centre exclusively ... we still do for a few banks of machines that will not netboot or seem to have a dislike for RIS.

For quick "push it out" jobs I always preferred DeployCentre (the PowerCast part of it) but I was always left feeling that I was not making the most of it all ... I always found Ghost Corp Ed was a tad flaky at times and could just be downright annoying for stuff not working for no apparent reason (eg the dislike of the drivers for Dell SX270s)

From what I have seen of the newer versions of Ghost it has taken the best bits of both and I have yet to hear of anyone really moaning .... but I am still sticking with RIS for most stuff atm.

Thank Post

RIS is a pretty cool (and free) tool. Since coming to the school I have been amazed how annoying Ghost can be! PowerQuest DC is actually pretty good too and I have used that in the past, but want to move on from ghost and other solutions just using RIS instead.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

I'm amazed that people so are negative about Ghost! I find it to be an excellent product with a lot of things going for it. On the other hand I found RIS a PITA and was relieved when we got Ghost working to a satisfactory standard.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread