+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Restoring a exchange 2003 storage group in Technical; I need to restore an indivdual mailbox, but as we have not been doing brick level backups, it looks like ...

Thank Post

Restoring a exchange 2003 storage group

I need to restore an indivdual mailbox, but as we have not been doing brick level backups, it looks like I need to restore the storage group for that users mailbox.

I have read the following instructions from the link below.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...rage_group.htm

Also I have read the instructions from the backup exec website as we use backup exec 11d and i will be restoring from backup exec 11d.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/264815.htm

I have created the information store group. I had to give it another name because it said The object StorageGroupName already exists.

I have added the database that I want to recover, and now see a red arrow down which means the database is is linked to the Recovery Storage Group.

It also says
    On the server that hosts the RSG, there must be a storage group with the same name as the original storage group for the data you are restoring. If no such storage group exists on the server, then you must create the storage group name as it existed originally during the backup and the mailbox store name that the RSG references must have the same name as the backed up version..

is this refering to the information storage i created earlier because the object StorageGroupName I wanted to use already existed wont work when i want to restore.

Also when I am restoring do I redirect the information store to the new one I created, even thou the Remote Storage Group resides on the same server.

What do i do afterwards to restore the mailbox, it mentions something about exmerge.

I am worried that I will be overwrting the exsisting RSG, also do I need people to log off or can i do this with people logged on.

I have sorted out the problem.
    Last edited by Neville; 21st February 2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: To put another url link.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread