+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Dell Computers in Technical; Curses. Looks like I could have got a better deal on the machines we bought over the summer! -- David ...

Thank Post
    Curses. Looks like I could have got a better deal on the machines we bought over the summer!

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhicks View Post
    Curses. Looks like I could have got a better deal on the machines we bought over the summer!
    In the past I'd got bored of cold-callers claiming to be able to offer better prices for Dell kit than Dell themselves - my Dell account manager always beat their prices and they were sometimes even more expensive than the web price.

It was only when I tried out a request on schoolquote last summer that I found any suppliers with cheaper pricing than Dell and it turned out *miles* cheaper. OrchidUK won the order in the end, but quite a few suppliers came in cheaper than my quote direct from Dell. The upgrade from 4 to 5 years warranty was only 4 quid per PC! I should really recommend Orchid for their good communication and for arranging a delivery date to suit us and sticking to it.

I suspect Dell account managers may perform better in their mid range as they don't seem to be as interested in punters buying their cheaper kit without screens, optical drives etc.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,381 Times in 1,143 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Nexus-6 View Post
    Another company to try for Dell equipment is Kelway (UK) Limited, contact we have is Farhat Aziz, Tel. No. 020 70556000, Email: f.aziz@kelway.co.uk, website: www.kelway.co.uk
    i agree, kelway consistently undercut Dell, it's because dell is split into divisions and they don't all know what the other is doing or selling at. dell for education is rubbish.

we either buy from kelway or directly online from the small business website, you go over the limit ( only 5 purchases per customer) but they don't care, we ordered over 50 laptops before. and to top it off we got a thank you from our account manager for doing it! go figure.

we use ian i.steele@kelway.co.uk i've used him since i used to work in london, the service is exceptional, quotes back within the hour (normally 15-30mins). just tell them what you want and what price you've seen it at.

@georgebush: Vostro laptops are ACE! 2GB ram with dedicated video memory for under 300 with vista biz.....

Thank Post
    If you're a registered charity, try Charity Logistics (now VSC UK). We received a 40% discount when we ordered through them from Dell last year.

5. Thanks to ninja-lewis from:

Ryan (1st February 2008)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ooooh, nice. I'll give them a look when it comes time to shop again.

Thank Post
    recommend www.iacomputing.co.uk who can get good Dell kit. Always seems to beat website prices.

Thank Post

Smile Cheap Dell refurbished units

Are available from www.europc.co.uk

Thank Post
    After sitting on hold for 15 minutes to the Dell schools line, I hung up and they lost my business.
    However, both Misco and Ebuyer were biting my arm off to get me to buy HP machines. When going to and throw I managed to get them to repeatedly undercut each other on their "I shouldn't really be selling this to you for this" price.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12