Sorry can't help with the GUI problem but thought that this may help until a fix is found:
Good afternoon all.
This is a bit of a long shot, but I am hoping someone out there may have seen this problem before. To cut a long story short, I am trying to setup our VPN connection with CLEO on our Windows Server 2003 domain. This means installing Internet Authentication Service and allowing a few account to logon from a user's profile in Active Directory.
All the software installs fine. The only problem happens when I try and enable a user accounts dial-in access through AD. When we click on the Dial-in tab, an error is being displayed:
"Could not load the dial-in profile for the user either because: Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid.".
Now when we click the OK button on the message the dial-up tab is empty except for a message "Dial-in page initialization failed". I have had a good look around the web, but have not been able to find a solution to this error.
We have removed the IAS software but the above error still appears.
If anyone has any suggestions they would be very much appreciated as this has got me stumped. Thanks in advance for any ideas.
Thanks for the reply.
Whilst looking for a solution to this problem I saw a few pages mentioning the use of VBS scripts but I've never used them on a server before. Seems quite simple that I should be able to change the SQL to an update command to change the few accounts I need for our VPN, is this right?
Also, I'm still quite new at server management, so how do I run this type of script against the AD?
Ok, thought I should post an update on this one in the unlikely event that anyone else happens to fall into the same set of circumstances. To cut a long story short, our servers were not updated. Just needed to install SP2. Not a problem? Not quite.
Don’t know if anyone else has had this problem before but when we attempted to put either SP1 or SP2 on any of our servers, the network cards would disappear from the Network Connections control panel window and no communication could be made to the server via the network. After a lot of web searching I eventually found that this was being caused by a permissions change forced in the upgrade.
The only solution being to uninstall the service pack and make a change to the local policies on each of the effected servers. Open the gpedit.msc console, navigate to Computer Configuration/Windows Settings/Security Settings/Local Policies/User Rights Assignment and edit the “Impersonate a client after authentication”. Add the Administrators group and the Service account.
Now when the service pack is reinstalled the network cards remain and I was able to get to the illusive Dial-in tab. There may be another method, but this in the only one I managed to get working.
Hope this is helpful to someone.
We use CLEO and if you want anyone to be able to log on to your network try logmein.com. This will let a user logon to a machine at school as long as it is turned on, would suggest a PC in an office somewhere in a secure location. We have trialled this and it is being rolled out to users with secure offices. The pay version has extended functions but the free version gives an online version of remote desktop with a feature to sync clipboards, which is more than required by users. I actually use it from school at times to connect to home when CLEO blocks sites as it is more reliable than using proxies!!
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)