+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exchange 2007 sp1 just killed my exchange in Technical; After waiting a few months to find any issues before install sp1. I finally to the leap today and installed ...

Thank Post

Exchange 2007 sp1 just killed my exchange

After waiting a few months to find any issues before install sp1. I finally to the leap today and installed sp1. got half way through the install (just after the stage where it uninstalls most of the existing Exchange 2007 software) and it decides that the update software is corrupt (this is after it has done 2 verifications that the download is ok). And cancels the update. but the problem is that is has disabled all the services and uninstalled most of exchange.

I have spent 5 hours trying to get the server back going. As at one point it was recognizing it as a beta and would not let me run the setup wizard again.

I managed to get a system repair going from the command line using setup.com /recoverserver.

But at the moments i am getting a error when installing ms parser 6.0 it gives me a n error exception.

Any suggestions!

Thank Post
    Don't recall what I did.. possibly an untimely Cancel.. but when I did my my first test E2K7-> E2K7 SP1 I managed to get it in a mostly uninstalled state. I noted down this message (think it came from the GUI when I tried to install SP1 again):

"The Exchange files are not installed, but the backup settings registry key is present. Only build to build upgrade mode is available."

Which AFAICT was what I wanted it to do! Ultimately the command line setup.com /mode:upgrade did the trick.

i am getting a error when installing ms parser 6.0
    As in XML 6.0? Are you trying to install that independently or is it just one part of some big/long install process? If the latter then try putting XML 6.0 on before you start.

Thank Post
    Thank you for that. Just tried that and just get the build to build upgrade is avaliable. I am going to start the server again from scratch. I have a back up of the exchange database. Think this will be the quicker option

Thank Post
    Got to the bottom of it. there was a faulty stick of RAM in the server. i have replaced all this and done a clean install and it seems to be tackin sp1 of exchange 2k7

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread