+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Ghosting with Intel DG33FB M/B & Onboard Network Card in Technical; I have just recieved my order of 80 shiny new PCs, with Intel DG33FB motherboards. I installed everything on it ...
    Thank Post

Ghosting with Intel DG33FB M/B & Onboard Network Card

I have just recieved my order of 80 shiny new PCs, with Intel DG33FB motherboards.

I installed everything on it and have created my base image and then tried to pull the image off using the ghost console, however, it didn't recognise the network card. Never fear, I'll just create a new network card template using the driver cd, so I do that, and it restarts and goes back into windows. "Failed to boot into Virtual Partition".

Now here's the problem, that mean's its the wrong network card drivers, I've tried every single driver on that driver cd as well as trying all the network card drivers on the website. I've tried NDIS and Packet drivers, I've tried 3Coms universal packet driver, as well the as universal packet drivers that come with Ghost Solution Suite 2.0 and no luck. I've also tried various boot cds/disks etc from the internet.

Windows shows the onboard network card to be a:

Intel 82566DC-2 Gigabit Network Connection

Any searches for drivers take me to the driver packs for the Intel Pro 1000 series which I have tried.

Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Without the network card working my options are:

1) Install 80 network cards into the machine (I don't have 80 network cards lying around)
    2) Clone it HDD to HDD, which will work, but will take forever AND will mean I can't quickly deploy new images when I make changes.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nick, have you tried a Bart-PE disk? You can configure it with windows based drivers and the ghost executable. You then boot from the CD and it loads like a live version of 2k/xp (whatever you used to set it up). It then installs window network drivers and you can run ghost from that.
    It's helped me out a few times. If you want to try this and cant find any info, send me a PM I'll be happy to help

Thank Post
    Thanks MK-2, I did try the Bart-PE disk, and that wasn't able to load network drivers either

Thank Post
    Tryed http://www.netbootdisk.com/?

Another option (if your despirate) would be to partition the hard drives and then use a Linux live CD to copy the image onto the spare partition (either using a file share or an FTP server). Then run ghost localy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    Which e1000.dos version are you using? I have 12.3 (57KB 16 July 2007) Not tried it for ghosting as I don't have those adapters.

Thank Post
    Thanks guys, I'll have a look.

SYSMAN_MK, I'm not sure which version is it, but it's the latest one available on the Intel website.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 728 Posts
    Latest dos driver? (PRODOS.EXE)

Also have you drived to boot the machine via a ghost boot disk? At what point does the boot disk fail?

Thank Post
    The bootdisk fails trying to load the network card drivers, something about 'can't find network card' or something along those lines, cloning from the console doesn't work because it can't boot to virtual partition (all google'ing says thats due to incompatible network card drivers)

but anyway, the search continues

Thank Post
    Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks for all your help and suggestions, found 2 solutions:

1) Created the ghost boot disk using Ghost Solution Suite 2.0, and used the Universal Drivers.
    2) When cloning from the console, it works with the Intel Pro 1000 NDIS drivers included in the latest Intel driver pack.

Thanks again!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread