+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, [Windows 8.1] How to wake up the PC from Sleep? in Technical; It might seem like a silly question, but how exactly do you wake the PC up from Sleep Mode? The ...
    Thank Post

[Windows 8.1] How to wake up the PC from Sleep?

It might seem like a silly question, but how exactly do you wake the PC up from Sleep Mode? The reason I ask is because I find that sometimes, if I just walk past the PC and accidently nudge the table, causing the mouse to move like a millimeter then the PC will wake up. Conversely, sometimes I will sit down to use the PC and no matter how much I move the mouse or click buttons or press several keys on the keyboard it just won't wake up and then I need to whack several keys before it'll burst in to life.

So, what is the "correct" way to wake the PC up?

(Just as a passing thought, is it because I have a wireless keyboard and mouse (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 1000, Wireless Optical 2000) that the wireless receiver is probably going to sleep too therefore causing the wake up delay? But that doesn't explain why sometimes even the slightest nudge will wake the PC up)
    Last edited by Zoom7000; 31st August 2014 at 03:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I suspect there isn't really a definitive, correct answer to this. It will vary from computer to computer depending on the keyboard and mouse, it's bios, the other hardware attached to it, the OS and how it has sleep set up and also which sleep state the computer is in.

Fwiw, the pressing the power button or whacking the keyboard usually works for me.

Thank Post
    I mainly use the keyboard, but on the odd few machines I have to use the power button.

Have a look at the keyboard/mouse power management tab in device manager as there is a check box to 'Allow this device to wake the computer'. It may be worth having a look in the advanced power plan settings in the control panel too.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread