+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows Thread, Cornerstones and Lock Lizard in Technical; My school uses Cornerstones education planning documenst etc and Cortnerstones have now implemented an online 'hub', unfortunately to view the ...
    Thank Post

Cornerstones and Lock Lizard

My school uses Cornerstones education planning documenst etc and Cortnerstones have now implemented an online 'hub', unfortunately to view the documents they require 'lock Lizard' to be installed on any PC needing to view the files! Anyone ever had any dealings with this software or even managed to install it via the network as an msi etc as it has to have a license file included in it. Not happy if it has to be installed on each PC as I finish here at the end of term!

Thank Post
    Well looks like there is an msi but you have to manually register the licence file with it afterwards. On another downer it wants to access the C drive and write details to an settings file...guess what...we have access to C drive blocked! Well weekends here so Monday will see me installing it on a server and seeing if it will run as a shared application. Not holding out much hope though.

Thank Post
    We had to throw this on the Performing Arts staff PC's when they bought some stuff to do with Grease, the musical. Essentially it's self-destruct DRM.. After $Date it prevents access to the files. Honestly can't say it gave us any trouble, unlike PDF OwnerGuard.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,685 Times in 1,500 Posts
    Any chance of vitualising it with cameyo for example?

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    We had to throw this on the Performing Arts staff PC's when they bought some stuff to do with Grease, the musical. Essentially it's self-destruct DRM.. After $Date it prevents access to the files. Honestly can't say it gave us any trouble, unlike PDF OwnerGuard.
    That's the one. We installed it on 1 PC. Printed it off then just photocopied it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    My school uses Cornerstones education planning documenst etc and Cortnerstones have now implemented an online 'hub', unfortunately to view the documents they require 'lock Lizard' to be installed on any PC needing to view the files! Anyone ever had any dealings with this software or even managed to install it via the network as an msi etc as it has to have a license file included in it. Not happy if it has to be installed on each PC as I finish here at the end of term!
    I'm adding to a new image and redoing the whole lot over the summer! Seems like a bit of overkill on their part.
    Last edited by DocHouse; 4th July 2014 at 08:53 PM.

Thank Post
    Yeah, I thought it was a bit of overkill and not really helpfull for alot of primary schools who.may not have a dedicated techy etc. Why not just use some of the protection features of a normal pdf?

Thank Post
    We pushed this out as an MSI a few weeks back. No issues with it. Just placed the license file in a shared area and tell the end users they need to run it before they can access the resources. All they need to do is double click the license file and it will run and license the computer to open the protected files so it's not a massive extra step.

9. Thanks to Sam_Brown from:

plexer (5th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Brown View Post
    We pushed this out as an MSI a few weeks back. No issues with it. Just placed the license file in a shared area and tell the end users they need to run it before they can access the resources. All they need to do is double click the license file and it will run and license the computer to open the protected files so it's not a massive extra step.
    Does it require local admin rights? I haven't installed it yet but it says "may require admin rights". The school has spent £6k on this stuff, i would of hoped cornerstone would of made it more accessible than this.

Thank Post
    Once installed the msi works fine with normal users. really fiddly to set up though....

Thank Post
    Fiddly! so I am finding out. Got the msi, set it to install but when I want to run the program it wants to write top the programdata folder and cant. Any ideas whats the best way to sort this?

Thank Post
    ring them up...? Sorry not the best answer but the lady i spoke to was very helpful

Thank Post
    How many machines are going to be using this software?
    We found it easier to just manually install it on the 4 machines in the staff room than to faff about with virtualising or deploying it. Didn't have any fuss doing it that way. If it's not a site-wide thing, maybe save yourself some time and just toddle over and run the exe?

Thank Post
    Unfortunately they want this stuff on all PC's so they are not restricted to where they log in and use it etc. At the moment cant even get it to install via msi! Grrrrrrr

Thank Post
    same here... easier to add as part of an updated image.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast