+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Cornerstones and Lock Lizard in Technical; Eventually done it! Still a faf to ask users to click a file afterwards though! Oh well, wheres Word to ...
    Thank Post
    Eventually done it! Still a faf to ask users to click a file afterwards though! Oh well, wheres Word to create a Dummys Guide now!

2. Thanks to TechSupp from:

Garacesh (7th July 2014)

Thank Post
    Well, this piece of software is installed in my schools

Cornerstones don't want you to install on every machine, as we found out, I think the default licence issues is 25 machines, so that rules out the GPO installation out, unless you create a new OU with only -Teacher Machines, PPA machines, Staffroom machines in, or create a new usergroup with teachers in, so which machine they log in at, it works.
    (and breathe).

Also we have deployed the licence file out as a startup script, and it seems to work (there is a section which allows you to create a batch file - will see if I can dig up the notes later).

I don't see why they can't just issue a site licence for it, if they want it on all the machines the teachers use :-S

Thank Post
    Thanks, thats interesting. Would love to see how you did the license file automatically. Interesting about the amount to install on as well!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Fiddly! so I am finding out. Got the msi, set it to install but when I want to run the program it wants to write top the programdata folder and cant. Any ideas whats the best way to sort this?
    Possibly give users access to modify this folder?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks, thats interesting. Would love to see how you did the license file automatically. Interesting about the amount to install on as well!
    I need to go to my second school this afternoon, and my info is on my laptop. Will be able to share once I get setup.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Thank Post
    Ditto what he said.... we'll be screwed if there is a limit on numbers as we've got more than 25 pc's and laptops....

poorly thought out plan

Thank Post
    Yes, I mean why password protect files that are already on a site that is password protected? For ease of use to go that far why not just password protect the PDF files as normal.

Thank Post
    My apologies. I didn't manage to get time to post it up. Sorry if you were waiting for it.

Basically its a bat file that points to the pdf viewer and then runs the licence file on a startup script.

::Script to silently activate the school license for Lock Lizard PDF on Windows XP
    "C:\Program Files\Lizard Safeguard PDF Viewer\pdcviewer.exe" "\\servername\Server\share\schoolname.llv" /silent

or

::Script to silently activate the school license for Lock Lizard PDF on Windows 7
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lizard Safeguard PDF Viewer\pdcviewer.exe" "\\servername\Server\share\schoolname.llv" /silent

I have created a locklizard folder in my msi folder on the server. In there is the .msi file, the licence file and the batch file (also a copy of a test document to test).

Also the startup script goes on the same GPO as the MSI deploy.
    Last edited by the_one_that_cant; 8th July 2014 at 10:11 AM.

9. Thanks to the_one_that_cant from:

TechSupp (8th July 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12