+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Windows Thread, SCCM 2012 Updates not installing. - Trouble shooting tips? in Technical; Easy question with probably a million different possible causes! Essentially SCCM 2012 doesn't seem to be installing updates as reliably ...
  1. #1
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16

    SCCM 2012 Updates not installing. - Trouble shooting tips?

    Easy question with probably a million different possible causes!

    Essentially SCCM 2012 doesn't seem to be installing updates as reliably as it used to. A recent update pushed out got installed on about 5% of the applicable target machines. The nice little graph acknowledges that the other 95% still "require" the update but they've been "requiring" the update for a few weeks now. It seems to be hit and miss for what updates go out and which ones don't. The "success rate" for the updates being installed varies from only a handful of machines up to nearly 100% and I can't find any sort of pattern for it.

    Any ideas or trouble shooting tips?
    .
    .
    .


    Quick brief on how we're currently set up...

    * SCCM Software Update Point Syncs correctly and has done since it was installed. Currently on Sync 317 which has completed successfully.

    * Software updates show up under "all software updates" correctly. I can also include manual updates I download on WSUS so doesn't seem to be an issue there with it talking to WSUS and downloading the updates.

    * I have an Automatic Deployment Rule set up. It runs every Sunday and adds all Windows 7 updates. It creates a new Software Update Group and enables it after it's created.

    * I can see a list of all the Software Update Groups. One for each week. Under the stats if lists all the computers in the collection and how many are compliant which is about 95% so all good there.

    * The deployment packages are also being created and distributed correctly and show up under the monitoring section.

    * If I look at a specific update under "All Software Updates" it will show up as being inside the most recent Deployment Package so it's definitely being made available to download.
    Last edited by Sam_Brown; 6th June 2014 at 09:12 AM.

  2. #2

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    15,845
    Thank Post
    876
    Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,460 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    444
    Sounds very similar to an issue i had. What os is the SUP on and the WSUS host?

    In the end to resolve it i did the following

    Remove SUP - Leave for hours
    Remove WSUS - Leave for hours
    Install WSUS - Leave again
    Install SUP - Leave before using it

  3. #3
    Sam_Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    536
    Thank Post
    89
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    It's all one the same box.

    Server 2008r2.

    I'm assuming removing WSUS and the SUP will mean I will need to reconfigure it afterwards as well?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. SCCM 2012 Updates & Packages Not Installing
    By FN-GM in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 12th June 2013, 02:27 PM
  2. SCCM 2012 client not deploying to all machines
    By heckle in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 15th May 2013, 01:53 PM
  3. SCCM 2012 is not pushing FEP to all Devices
    By Scott46517 in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 5th December 2012, 09:13 PM
  4. SCCM 2012 will not download 3 updates
    By FN-GM in forum Enterprise Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 30th July 2012, 04:32 PM
  5. Can't Get SCCM 2012 Client to Install with Script
    By scottpowers82 in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th May 2012, 06:14 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •