+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, CC4 BSOD on building in Technical; I had a look at that with an SSD installed the option is ghosted and I cant change it from ...

Thank Post
    I had a look at that with an SSD installed the option is ghosted and I cant change it from AHCI

Thank Post
    Try changing the HDD access mode in the bios from AHCI/SATA to IDE and see what happens...

Just read the last 2 posts... I'm late to the party here!
    Last edited by Oaktech; 3rd June 2014 at 01:15 PM.

Thank Post
    What build disk are you building from? You should be using WinPE 3.1 as a minimum now (based on Windows 7 not Vista). It should only include Windows 7 build templates, if you have XP & Vista listed as well as Win 7 you are still using WinPE 2.0 wim which is Vista based and may be causing the issue.

Thank Post
    we are using WinPE2.0 but if I build an RM One with a SSD it builds no problem, so it seems to an issue with the combination of SSD and NB14

Thank Post
    I would say it is worth a try with WinPE 3.1 just on the off chance. The only other thing I can think of is if the NB14 and the drive are SATA 3. Is thee a way to slow the speed down to SATA 2 (either physically on the drive or through the BIOS)? The fact that it works fine in an RM One it would be worth checking what SATA type is on board for that.

Thank Post
    I have checked the SATA and the laptop and both are SATA 3 although I couldnt find official specs for the laptop, also the SSD has backwards compatibility to SATA2. I checked the BIOS on another laptop and oddly I could change the SATA mode on that machine.
    Last edited by Bugs; 3rd June 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Thank Post
    so I tried it in IDE mode and got the same results, so after complete trial and error I found if I pull the network cable during the first, second, and third restart it then appears to build (I have no idea why)

jaf

Thank Post
    I would say this is a driver issue. As you are using WinPE 2.0 this will be using a Vista based driver for the first part of the build process for the network adapter. After it restarts the first time it then installs the devices - including the Windows 7 network driver. I think it is very likely this is causing your problems - so as has been said create a new build disk based on Win PE 3.1 and try this. Another thing to try is the box where you type in the name of the PC etc, if you click on one of the tabs at the top you can click a radio button saying choose the drivers myself (or something like that). From here choose a different driver for the network adapter and wireless adapter if relevant (might be trial and error here). If there are no other options then you need to import a more up to date driver into management console for the network adapter. You can also choose to use only RM approved drivers which might fix the problem. I hope that helps.

Thank Post
    EDIT: Ok so that's been suggested already!

As pointed out before it's worth bearing in mind that the drivers required to build the computer are usually different to the ones windows will need once the computer has been built. I believe Win PE will use Vista Drivers and then when it's built and the O\S takes over it will be looking for Windows 7 drivers.

It's very possible for it to build correctly and then once Windows takes over and starts to install all the devices for it to pick up a bad driver and cause issues. The fact it's blue screening when trying to connect to the network and unplugging it from the network fixes this heavily suggests a nic driver error.

I've had a few cases with drivers where the drivers will appear to work absolutely fine but will cause sporadic problems over time. So just because they "work" don't assume they "work"

In fact I had this very issue before building a Stone laptop on RM where I had the correct driver however for some reason the particular version I was using was causing issues so removing it and re-adding an older one fixed the issue.
    Last edited by Sam_Brown; 6th June 2014 at 08:54 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12