+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, onedrive for business active directory sync/auto setup in Technical; is there any way to get onedrive for business configured easly for multiple users? Im using office 365 if it ...

Thank Post

onedrive for business active directory sync/auto setup

is there any way to get onedrive for business configured easly for multiple users? Im using office 365 if it makes any odds and was wondering if there is an easier way than doing it manualy for each user to give them access to the cloud storrage they already have (and i can presumably manage) also means i could in theory add shared areas with stuff in for them to access off site or on non ms devices easier

Thank Post
    I'd also like to know this as I couldn't find a way to do it but seems like such an obvious requirement for a business product in a domain environment...
    If it could replace a user's home drive altogether, that would be brilliant!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    is there any way to get onedrive for business configured easly for multiple users?
    Can you elaborate? You can easily sync your users with Office 365 (Azure AD) and run a PowerShell script to assign the licences automatically.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesbmarshall View Post
    Can you elaborate? You can easily sync your users with Office 365 (Azure AD) and run a PowerShell script to assign the licences automatically.
    The scenario I have is that teachers move around school and use different desktop PCs. I want them to be able to log into any PC in school and have their OneDrive for business available in Computer, without having to install the client, go to the web OneDrive and click Sync.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    The scenario I have is that teachers move around school and use different desktop PCs.
    OK I'm with you. The sync client isn't really designed to work in this scenario. It's ideal where users have their own device (i.e. 1:1) but in a shared scenario the best way to interact with OneDrive for Business is going to be via a modern browser, utilising drag-and-drop features to upload files. Also, the Office client apps to save directly to SharePoint Online, etc.

Thank Post
    OK I'm with you. The sync client isn't really designed to work in this scenario. It's ideal where users have their own device (i.e. 1:1) but in a shared scenario the best way to interact with OneDrive for Business is going to be via a modern browser, utilising drag-and-drop features to upload files. Also, the Office client apps to save directly to SharePoint Online, etc.
    Seems like that would be the ideal scenario for it to work in! Oh well, I suppose that's one of the reasons they took away the MSI installer.

In our school, we have a mixture of Office 2010, 2007 and even some laptops with 2003. It would have been nice to have one universal method that's guaranteed to work on any PC.
    We're not using IE 11 as it has issues with several of the sites we use regularly such as Mathletics, Education City, Espresso, PurpleMash and others with Flash content or links to youtube such as BBC bitesize. I've not seen dragging and dropping to/from OneDrive work that well with IE10 - there's something counter intuitive about it when users have been brought up using Windows Explorer for so long.
    Getting teaching staff to change their habits is never easy so it looks like we'll be riding this one out for a while...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hallb15 View Post
    We're not using IE 11 as it has issues with several of the sites we use regularly such as Mathletics, Education City, Espresso, PurpleMash and others with Flash content or links to youtube such as BBC bitesize.
    Have you thought about upgrading to Windows 8.1 Update, and taking advantage of IE Enterprise Mode? (How to Enable and Use Internet Explorer 11′s Enterprise Mode)

You can configure it to automatically run in other IE modes for web applications and sites that do not play well with the latest versions, all the way back to IE8.

Thank Post
    Have you thought about upgrading to Windows 8.1 Update, and taking advantage of IE Enterprise Mode? (How to Enable and Use Internet Explorer 11′s Enterprise Mode)

You can configure it to automatically run in other IE modes for web applications and sites that do not play well with the latest versions, all the way back to IE8.
    Nope. With school budgets what they are, we've only just managed to upgrade all our desktops to Windows 7. We still have Windows XP on the majority of the laptops.
    Windows 8.x is a long way off for us at the moment.

Thank Post
    i want it to show up as a location in office and a location in computer without them having to login to it every time not worried about sync just want it to be there so they can save appropriate stuff there and possibly roll it out to kids (if shared areas and staff read / write access can be done)

onedrive1.png

onedrive2.png

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread