+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Windows Thread, Exchange 2007 SP1 in Technical; Just noticed they finally got around to releasing this. Amongst other things it's supposed to rectify the feature-incompleteness of the ...
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Surburbia
    Posts
    2,178
    Thank Post
    74
    Thanked 307 Times in 243 Posts
    Rep Power
    116

    Exchange 2007 SP1

    Just noticed they finally got around to releasing this. Amongst other things it's supposed to rectify the feature-incompleteness of the original RTM. We'll see...

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...n&mdc_uxref=sl

    [In other bink.nu news techs are apparently not that interested in Server 2008. I am, but yup, can't spot a "have to use it eventually" a la Vista forum anywhere.]

  2. #2
    Oops_my_bad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Man chest hair
    Posts
    1,738
    Thank Post
    438
    Thanked 53 Times in 50 Posts
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Service pack 1 already? Sheesh..

  3. #3


    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    8,202
    Thank Post
    442
    Thanked 1,033 Times in 813 Posts
    Rep Power
    341

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
    Service pack 1 already? Sheesh..
    Traditionally MS admins have learned not to deploy MS products until 'at least SP1' due to instability. MS have simply upped the anti, instead of releasing RC quality as final they now release beta quality as final then push out a service pack early.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Surburbia
    Posts
    2,178
    Thank Post
    74
    Thanked 307 Times in 243 Posts
    Rep Power
    116

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Service pack 1 already?
    It's close to a year now since RTM.

    then push out a service pack early
    Late compared to NT4 (six SPs in about 3 1/2 years).

  5. #5

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,376
    Thank Post
    906
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    468

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    @ PiqueABoo they was working on SP7 but abandoned it.

  6. #6

    Norphy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Harpenden
    Posts
    2,584
    Thank Post
    59
    Thanked 371 Times in 287 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    134

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo
    [In other bink.nu news techs are apparently not that interested in Server 2008. I am, but yup, can't spot a "have to use it eventually" a la Vista forum anywhere.]
    The most interesting new part of Windows 2008 for me is the improved Terminal Services facilities. I can see companies like Ericom and even Citrix to a certain extent having a harder time selling their product once that comes along.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    786
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberNerd
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyKGB
    Service pack 1 already? Sheesh..
    Traditionally MS admins have learned not to deploy MS products until 'at least SP1' due to instability. MS have simply upped the anti, instead of releasing RC quality as final they now release beta quality as final then push out a service pack early.

    This is a problem if you are migrating a school to Exchange. It is a no-brainer to install a brand spanking new server and run a 3 year old application on it when a new version has been out for over a year SP1 or not.

    I have done three E2k7 installs and not had a issue with any of them except a migration from RM Sleazymail that went a bit pete, but was promptly resolved.

  8. #8
    Heebeejeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Intergalactic Cruise
    Posts
    1,067
    Thank Post
    69
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by djm968
    I have done three E2k7 installs and not had a issue with any of them except a migration from RM Sleazymail that went a bit pete, but was promptly resolved.
    Could you elaborate please?

    We're about to do just that and wold like to know the pitfalls before hand if poss.

    Ta


    HBJB

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Surburbia
    Posts
    2,178
    Thank Post
    74
    Thanked 307 Times in 243 Posts
    Rep Power
    116

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    It is a no-brainer
    That used to mean "easy", do you mean "stupid"?

  10. #10
    zag
    zag is offline
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,002
    Thank Post
    983
    Thanked 477 Times in 398 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Iv installed SP1 and it still doesn't solve our mail flow problems. I am still getting Authentication failed on all incoming messages through the connector from our 2003 box. Tried all the tools and still just report the same.

    Im sure its something to do with the edge/transport role or something, should really read the manual I guess

    I would not recommend installing 2007 yet, the support just isn't there yet. Wish I had just put in a new 2003 box now.

  11. #11
    Heebeejeebee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Intergalactic Cruise
    Posts
    1,067
    Thank Post
    69
    Thanked 81 Times in 64 Posts
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by ittech
    I would not recommend installing 2007 yet, the support just isn't there yet. Wish I had just put in a new 2003 box now.
    We already have 2003 Standard but I need to have more mail stores. I need to go to Enterprise but can't get hold of a 2003 version. We have purchased 2007 Standard which allows 5 mail stores and I suppose I could have bought 2007 Enterprise and downgraded to 2003 Enterprise (If I could get the media and license key).

    We're in a bit of a dilemma because we installed 2003 to test and then realised that it didn't suite our purpose ('cos of the mail stores) so we're now in a position of needing to remove 2003 (and all the AD trappings) and put a new 64 bit server in and use 2007. Does it clean up nicely when installed?

    HBJB

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    786
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Why do you need 5 Mail Stores?

    I have not had any issues with E2K7 other than the lack missing functionality (Now available in SP1)

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    786
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebeejeebee
    Quote Originally Posted by djm968
    I have done three E2k7 installs and not had a issue with any of them except a migration from RM Sleazymail that went a bit pete, but was promptly resolved.
    Could you elaborate please?

    We're about to do just that and wold like to know the pitfalls before hand if poss.

    Ta

    HBJB
    Basically the RTM release of E2K7 has no support for direct PST migration. In the end I had to ExMerge the PST's to a E2K3 box and migrate accross.

    The good news is that E2K7 SP1 supports direct PST import..... bye bye my faithfull friend ExMerge!

    Take a look at the article below out for further info.

    http://blogs.technet.com/eileen_brow...-download.aspx

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    786
    Thank Post
    1
    Thanked 34 Times in 32 Posts
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo
    It is a no-brainer
    That used to mean "easy", do you mean "stupid"?
    In my language it means "makes no sense"

  15. #15
    zag
    zag is offline
    zag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,002
    Thank Post
    983
    Thanked 477 Times in 398 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    98

    Re: Exchange 2007 SP1

    Quote Originally Posted by Heebeejeebee
    We're in a bit of a dilemma because we installed 2003 to test and then realised that it didn't suite our purpose ('cos of the mail stores) so we're now in a position of needing to remove 2003 (and all the AD trappings) and put a new 64 bit server in and use 2007. Does it clean up nicely when installed?

    HBJB
    I am trying to run them in parallel which is where the problems have occurred in the mail connector between the two. I think a standalone single 2007 box would have no problems.



SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Exchange 2007
    By Simcfc73 in forum Windows
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 2nd January 2008, 10:20 PM
  2. Good exchange 2007 course?
    By Ben_Stanton in forum Courses and Training
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 9th November 2007, 05:22 PM
  3. Exchange 2007 Problems
    By timbo343 in forum Windows
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 22nd October 2007, 02:07 PM
  4. Exchange 2007 and exchange 2003
    By timbo343 in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd October 2007, 10:46 AM
  5. Exchange 2007 costs?
    By tosca925 in forum Windows
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 6th May 2007, 03:44 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •