+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Windows Thread, Cashless Catering Systems in Technical; Hello I am looking into a Cashless Catering System for our school - does anybody have any recommendations of which ...

Thank Post

Cashless Catering Systems

Hello

I am looking into a Cashless Catering System for our school - does anybody have any recommendations of which system to use and which not to use.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,773 Times in 1,100 Posts
    Blog Entries

Re: Cashless Catering Systems

Jumping the gun on a few things a little ... but have a look at www.ict-register.net and search for cashless catering and you will find a heap of schools that can give advice ...

I used to work in one school that had it, the smart cards were non-standard and we were tied in with a particular system that either worked well or when it was bad ... it was very bad for short periods.

Make sure you go with a company that has damn good support because once you go down that route your hands are seriously tied if there is a problem

Thank Post

Hi,

We had a cashless sytem bought for us by the LEA. Who then failed to include on going support costs :twisted: . But it has worked really well and any issues have been delt with effectivly. The company is uniware and we have had it running for over 4 years so are looking to upgrade and will go back to them.

Thank Post

Hi - this tread seems to have died - are there no others of you using a Cashless setup? We're considering ditching the truly awful systems for Cashless and Swipe Cards that we have (from a company called London Systems) and would be interested in any success stories on cashless, swipe cards and turnstile entry.

Cheers

Thank Post

I did see your post but never got round to replying. we use a system provided by this company - http://www.nrsltd.com.
    everything is provided by the company, including a server, software, cashless tills, and boxes which are fixed to appropriate walls where pupils/staff can swipe their cards and drop coins into a slot to add credit to their cards. for folding money, we have a couple of machines in finance with their software installed and you just pop down, give the secretary your name, card number and cash, they'll fill in the appropriate boxes and away you go.
    The only drawback, if it such, is that everything's third party, we don't get involved, from installation to maintenance.
    I can't give you a price on this though, you'll have to go through the company.
    hope this helps
    beeswax

Thank Post

Ours is from a company called Infineer. It works fine mostly, but does have a few technical hitches from time to time. Support is fairly quick and they aren't afraid to visit, but they often want to charge for fixing problems which I would deem to be their fault.

I believe a lot of the problems our school had initially were caused by slightly overkeen sales reps selling us features which hadn't been implemented yet. People buying from them now could probably expect an easier ride.

Thank Post

We use a system developed by a company called easytrace http://www.easytrace.co.uk/cashlesscatering.htm they provide and install everything from server to cashloaders.

Once setup works a treat!

Thank Post

I specced the system that paul mentions and when shopping around there was one thing in particular that was worth noting - the communication method used.

Some systems still use serial communication rather than IP-based which can hamper expansion and cause problems if the admin is done a long way from the canteen. It also limits your options for installation of the cash loaders.

Most systems will also integrate with electronic registration systems too so if you use/plan to use a card-based registration system you should get one that will tie in. Steer clear of fingerprint readers since they are unreliable and very slow - remember that the idea is to speed up the payment process!

Thank Post
    Just thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. We are still considering Biometrics for our Cashless Catering system and will be looking to install a system ready for after the October half term giving parents time to pre pay money into accounts etc. We have passed all information to parents regarding the purchase of a biometrics system through newsletters and feedback from parents has been positive.

The two companies we are looking at are:

Nationwide --> Nationwide Retail Systems

CRB --> Home of the Impact Cashless Catering Payment System - CRB Solutions

We have visited a couple of schools up and down the country with both systems and all schools seem happy with the company they have chosen. Has anybody else used any of the above companies for a biometrics system and have anything good or bad to say? If you would prefer to send me a PM that is also fine.

Does anybody use parentpay for online payments to the school also? - I'd be interested to hear how this has gone also - the less administration for us the better.

Thanks

Thank Post
    We use Easytrace and it works very well and their supprt is good as well.. We use Parentpay for online paying and it also works well.... Parents that do not have Internat AAccess can apply for a Pay Point Card and they can then top up at the corner shop..

What you have to look at with a cashless System is does it speak to SIMS / CMIS etc and Easytrace does...
    Last edited by Grommit; 30th May 2008 at 07:18 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,447 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My school was the first in the country to introduce the biometric cashless system, we use Nationwide. We don’t have any problems it just works. The only attention it needs are jammed coins in the revals.

If you want to have a talk about it please feel free to PM me and you can talk to the kitchen staff etc.

We are also implementing a biometric door entry system is been that successful

Thank Post
    We use the Impact system here, so far we've had no problems with it, but we've only had it since the Easter holidays.

It runs off fingerprints here as we don't trust the kids enough to let them have swipe cards, they would probably loose them.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 748 Posts
    @Sylv3r:
    Come over and look at ours I can recommend it first hand has been in for approx 2 years and just works.
    It is so good I forget the company but they manage it and all I had to give them was a couple of IP addresses.
    Support is fantastic (remote) so the girls in the office have told me, not that they have had to use it often.
    Give me a bell you won't be disappointed

Thank Post
    We've just had ours installed (Cashless EPoS Cashless Catering Cashless Tills from Cunninghams EPoS Solutions) and registration of fingerprints has begun - though I am refusing to have mine registerd, manly cos I dont use the canteen and also cos I'm not in favour of it..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast