+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows Thread, Cashless Catering Systems in Technical; Cunninghams will be fitted here over the summer...

Thank Post
    Cunninghams will be fitted here over the summer

Thank Post
    We've got the same as Gatt since Easter. We had some minor issues (due to our crummy timescales) but they did go above and beyond to sort it out. It seems to be ok.

Thank Post
    We have Vericool with biometric scanners in. It was all installed quickly and after a week or so our operators were up to speed. We evaluated Easytrace at the same time which looked very good to me too.

Thank Post
    I don't know if Sentinel do cashless catering as well as e-reg, but when they sent their rep to us to do a demo, he spoke very broken english and he had written in his notebook that my surname was "Cruddington" (it's Currington). Also, the address on his business card was "1 Macro Polo House". I'm not sure if it meant a larger version of "Polo House" of if he just spelt "Marco" wrong... nice enough guy, but the whole thing did make me laugh.

Thank Post
    We have been using Cunninghams Impact system using Biometrics for around three years now, it works very well with the odd glitch which is usually fixed in a couple of minutes. The support is very good usually answered straight away or call back within a few minutes & they use remote access to fix any issues. If a reval is damaged they are usually out the same day. Parents can pay online & although this had a few teething troubles at the start it works really well once these kinks were ironed out.

Thank Post
    We have the cashless system from Uniware, which has been reasonably reliable apart from the fingerprint sensors getting damaged due to greasy fingers, but after some pushing, they have supplied a different and better fingerprint sensor for the tills. We also had a few issues with the cashloaders, but they are all resolved now and were mainly due to a faulty fingerprint sensor, and a software issue.

We have the UPAY system implemented which means parents can see exactly what their child is buying from the canteen from the upay website or top up their childs account from home using a debit or credit card, and it's pretty much instant, that's dead handy.

The main reason we went for them is they are based in Medway, just a short distance from us which is dead handy for support., and one of our associated schools already had the system and were happy with it.

Mike.

Thank Post
    We had Cunninghams Impact Biometrics system in at end of last year. System seems to work well, had a few issues with the system earlier on this year(something to do with the dongles in the server I think) but no major issues.

Somehow one of the tills supplied, Toshiba till, got damaged though I don't think it was due to poor construction.

The two guys we had installing it where very friendly and helpful and managed to set every-one up ok and the system up and running.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    @Sylv3r:
    Come over and look at ours I can recommend it first hand has been in for approx 2 years and just works.
    It is so good I forget the company but they manage it and all I had to give them was a couple of IP addresses.
    Support is fantastic (remote) so the girls in the office have told me, not that they have had to use it often.
    Give me a bell you won't be disappointed
    Thanks

This is a bit of an old thread as we have been running the CRB Impact cashless catering system since November and had very little problems. Occasionally the revalv machines lock up and require a restart but other then that very little issues and it just tends to work!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Do any of you offer multipul ways to pay at the counter, for example both biometric or swipe card for those that have biometrics installed and users that don't like to hand their prints over?

And what are your privacy policies like for the storage and handerling of private data such as the pupils fingerprints?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p858snake View Post
    Do any of you offer multipul ways to pay at the counter, for example both biometric or swipe card for those that have biometrics installed and users that don't like to hand their prints over?

And what are your privacy policies like for the storage and handerling of private data such as the pupils fingerprints?
    For those students / parents that chose not to provide their biometric details there is a lookup function on the tills which we use. The students top up their accounts via a cheque or handing cash into the main reception.

The biometric information held can not identify a student as it takes several points of a fingerprint and not the whole print therefore can not be used in a court of law etc.

We sent out initial letters to parents and invited them to attend an awareness session if they had any worries / concerns. Only 4 parents turned up out of a roll out 1400 students and after the session they were happy with what we had to say and agreed that their son/daughter would also provide their biometric details.

We only have around a dozen students who we do not hold biometric details for - travelling familes who prefered not to have their son / daughters print taking, they also do not give consent for their photographs to be taking for anything also.

Thank Post
    System we use (can't recall offhand what it is but will post it up on Monday) allows users to carry a 4 digit pincode if they don't want to use their fingerprint... not had any issues other than now and again it's oversensitive on fingerprints and doesn't detect you correctly. Usually find it's cos I need to wash some crap off my thumb tho after working in a grotty room...

Thank Post
    We use impact cashless catering system

Impact - Cashless Catering System - CRB Solutions

really good and really reliable.

Thank Post
    Another EasyTrace customer here. So far pretty good, except their Head Office is useless at assigning the right numbers to replacements

Thank Post
    Gladstone haven't been too bad with our system, a few teething problems but they have recently released some newer software and since then no real problems at all.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Infineer, PCS - who next

Self advertising is not allowed without prior agreement dskinz.

Please PM Dos_Box or one of the admins.
    Last edited by mark; 28th August 2009 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Advertising without permission

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast