+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, OWA Access 502 Bad Gateway Error in Technical; When I am accessing a schools OWA-exchange server I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. This is been reversed proxied ...
    Thank Post

OWA Access 502 Bad Gateway Error

When I am accessing a schools OWA-exchange server I get a 502 Bad Gateway error. This is been reversed proxied by Apache and is set up correctly as I have copied the config file from a working config. We have a firewall in between the school and the outside world, but these letting access through as the hit counters have been incrementing. The port has been set up for for 443 access on the exchange box. Also I was told that the check box to allow access over a secure channel had been checked, I have tested this and are unable to get any access. Has any one got any ideas or links to setting up OWA access over SSL. This is an error that I have rarely seen before. I don't have much experience with exchange servers. So all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post

Re: OWA Access 502 Bad Gateway Error

Can you gain access internally? From the looks of it, i would say its a network config issue and not exchange.

Thank Post

I'm unsure on that one, I would have to speak to the school. The only problem to that answer I would say is that HTTP access works fine, it's only HTTPS access. So connection to the server is definatly there. I can also telnet to the backend server on port 443. I don't know fully how that server is configured. I wondered if anyone else had seen this error before. I know it makes it harder when I don't know the full extent of the config on the exchange server, but even to be pointed in the right direction would be a start. I can email the technician at the school to try and get more details, but I would like to send a long list rather than dribs and drabs. Cheers.

Thank Post

Heres an example guide on you how you setup ssl.

Configure SSL on OWA

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread