+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 53
Windows Thread, Christmas Wallpapers in Technical; Originally Posted by mattx ask questions about the nativity scene and you can answer them with details about the true ...
  1. #31

    Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bromley
    Posts
    4,159
    Thank Post
    215
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 792 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Rep Power
    507

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Quote Originally Posted by mattx
    ask questions about the nativity scene and you can answer them with details about the true Christmas story from the bible.

    .....debatable

  2. #32

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,796
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    835

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Quote Originally Posted by mattx
    As is pointed out here
    You believe everything thats published on the internet ? Just because its on a computer screen does not mean it has to be true.
    Half the content of Wikipedia is a pile of crap !!
    Why do people always assume that you've only looked at one place for this information? Would you prefer I posted a huge list of sources to back myself up, because I can. The point of that link was to support something I was saying, in passing. Whether you believe those statistics or not (which I do, as religious adherence *has* decreased), the point still stands.

    Also, where do you get your information about wikipedia from? Personally I think the study done by Nature is more believable than the various blogs and flamers out there who dislike wikipedia. Also, having edited wikipedia heavily, I would deny your claim simply due to the fact I have editing thousands of articles there - and only came across a couple of inaccuracies.

    For a lot of people that’s not the true meaning/story of Christmas
    Well when children ask me about Xmas, and as I went to a church of england school and also as a Christian [ but a bad one ] I tell them the story from the bible.
    Yes, but what about those that aren't christian? What about those that are pagan? Or those that don't follow a religion?

    People are getting hot under the collar over this !! - but there again it is religion. Just think what would happen if we had laws in this country which forbid you to call a toy doll Jesus.......
    Yes, we are getting hot under the collar, because you stated 'the true meaning' which is bull. It is one set of beliefs amongst many. When you start going around saying things like 'the true meaning' then you are going to be picked up on it. If you had said 'I tell them what I believe in' then fine, I would have absolutely no problem with that.

  3. #33

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,136
    Thank Post
    1,913
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Hmmmm.......
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #34

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Why do people always assume
    Are you assuming people always assume ?

    Also, where do you get your information about wikipedia from?
    Errrr wikipedia ? It gives me a good laugh to read some of the info on there thats wrong. I take my hat off to you for editing the content - I'll stick to my old Encyclopedia in book format thanks. I am of the old fashioned school I'm afraid. Maybe its my age.

    When you start going around saying things like 'the true meaning' then you are going to be picked up on it.
    I could say the same thing about your beliefs, but don't worry - I'll forgive you.

    If you had said 'I tell them what I believe in' then fine, I would have absolutely no problem with that.
    Not my problem.

    Anyway - calm down - its only an internet forum. Cor I dunno - youngsters of today..... ;-)

    God bless you my son. [ Except if you stick up for Steve Jobs ]

  5. #35

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,136
    Thank Post
    1,913
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Hmmm......
    Attached Images Attached Images

  6. #36

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,136
    Thank Post
    1,913
    Thanked 1,345 Times in 743 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Things seem to be getting a bit heated on this thread. Perhaps I should change my signature to:

    "Jesus died so that you could buy Apple products"............

  7. #37
    Pottsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nottinghamsire
    Posts
    761
    Thank Post
    3
    Thanked 52 Times in 42 Posts
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    “Well when children ask me about Xmas, and as I went to a church of england school and also as a Christian [ but a bad one ] I tell them the story from the bible.”
    I can understand that being in a church school.

    My problem is with the Christians who think Christmas is all about them and just them and try and force that onto everyone. I get letters though my door from Christians reminding me how it’s all about them and only them and don’t forget it. It’s iterating.

    Most of Christians don’t seem to realise most of Christmas is not a Christian only thing. Its like when you say true meaning you sound like its all about you and the rest of us are wrong.

  8. #38

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Its like when you say true meaning you sound like its all about you and the rest of us are wrong.
    Quite right !!
    PM me and I'll let you know the address to send all my xmas presents to.
    Don't send me any Devil based Apple Products though.

  9. #39
    gwendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,495
    Thank Post
    161
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    There is only one reference to Christ being laid in a manger - everything else is speculation (animals etc) - therefore the 'true' story would be quite dull...

    Something from the website worshipping the TRUE creator?

    http://www.venganza.org/


  10. #40
    mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,966
    Thank Post
    248
    Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    It's ironic the uk is still percieved as a Christian country. In the first place that's not possible (theologically), and came about from times when the population was persecuted into being such in the name of Christianity, in fact something entirely opposite.

    Christians (I know the'd be happy me talking for them :P) would be quite happy for things to be more accurate. It's the bourgeoisie who like to comfort themselves that they're really living moral standards when again, they're actually not.

    It's fashionable to be a-religious. Shite, but fashionable.

  11. #41

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,796
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    835

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Quote Originally Posted by mark
    It's fashionable to be a-religious. Shite, but fashionable.
    Why is it bad?

  12. #42
    gwendes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,495
    Thank Post
    161
    Thanked 30 Times in 29 Posts
    Rep Power
    26

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Because we will burn in hell forever and ever and ever...

    Duh.

  13. #43
    mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,966
    Thank Post
    248
    Thanked 49 Times in 45 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    46

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    Quote Originally Posted by gwendes
    Because we will burn in hell forever and ever and ever...

    Duh.
    lmao

    nah - i don't really think that - i'm as fashionably a-religious as the next person - no one escapes

    Ppl have this antiquated idea about what religion/ Christianity is all about and ignorantly criticise it (que religious zealot to come ram the truth down our throats).

    <--snip>

    Christmas is what it is, mostly referencing the Christian story. Christian it certainly isn't, but to be fair to all religions etc, it'd be unfair to censor it, just like it would any other.

  14. #44

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,796
    Thank Post
    517
    Thanked 2,468 Times in 1,912 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    835

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    I always thought Christianity was all about killing people and declaring women unclean? :P

    Seriously, I'm atheist because I cannot see any evidence as to a omnipotent, omnipresent being - there is too much suffering for one to exist.

    My beliefs are simply - if we want something fixing, if we want a heaven, we damn well have to get off our apathetic, lazy and complacent butts and make it ourselves. We have to solve our world's problems.

  15. #45

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740

    Re: Christmas Wallpapers

    I always thought Christianity was all about killing people and declaring women unclean?
    Spoken like a true christian.

    We have to solve our world's problems.
    Your not Bob Geldof or Heather Mills in disguise are you ?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Cool Wallpapers
    By Mango_RW in forum General Chat
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2nd December 2008, 10:52 AM
  2. Personalised Wallpapers
    By thegrassisgreener in forum Windows
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11th March 2008, 10:37 AM
  3. removing kids wallpapers
    By goodhead in forum Windows
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 3rd October 2007, 11:12 AM
  4. What custom wallpapers are you using?
    By Halfmad in forum Windows
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 4th June 2007, 05:30 PM
  5. Wallpapers
    By Espada in forum Windows
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 27th January 2007, 02:03 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •