+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Creating Shortcuts in RM Explorer in Technical; Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't find a thread with the same issue. I'm trying to ...
    Thank Post

Creating Shortcuts in RM Explorer

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't find a thread with the same issue.

I'm trying to create a shortcut in RM Explorer for all users on an RM CC3 network (Win XP).

I've copied the shortcut to the shortcut bank folder, and the RMMC is seeing it, and allowing me to assign it to the relevant program sets. The program sets have the correct permissions applied, as do the actual shortcuts in the shortcut bank.

The problem I'm getting, is that even though I have done the above, the shortcuts aren't showing up in RM Explorer. They're showing up in the Start Menu, but the school rely quite heavily on using the RM Explorer for the younger students, so just getting them to use the Start Menu isn't really an answer, as much as I think it should be.

Is there something else I should be doing to add the shortcut to RM Explorer? I've never had to do this before, so have figured out the above from a mix of other threads and websites with a little bit of trial and error in there for good measure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Is your problem with a normal or URL Shortcut as I have had the same issue on a RM CC4 Network (XP & WIN7), when trying to add a URL Shortcut.

Tried various solutions with no success, but in the end resolved the issue by creating a normal shortcut to internet explorer + website (e.g. "C:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe" Scratch - Imagine, Program, Share). This woks fine and appears in the relevant assigned program set.

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply - but my issue was with shortcuts in general... Never quite figured it out, but fortunately it won't be an issue as of next week as we're going Vanilla

4. Thanks to gtg93 from:

Danp (14th February 2014)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread