+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, WSUS - How to push through all your WSUS updates from CMD line on demand in Technical; In case anyone is in a similar situation where I was recently where there was only a small timeframe to ...

Thank Post

WSUS - How to push through all your WSUS updates from CMD line on demand

In case anyone is in a similar situation where I was recently where there was only a small timeframe to roll out a vast number of Windows Updates and cant wait days for them to update each night according to schedule, below is a command line that will force them to look for updates, install them reboot, install updates.

If you grab PStools and WUInstall you can use the command line below kick them all off. Put WUinstall.exe in netlogon.
    If you highlight all your computers needing an update and paste into excel, save the computer names only as a CSV (list.cvs)

Code:
    psexec.exe @C:\pstools\list.csv -c -s - \\server\netlogon\WUInstall.exe /search /install /reboot_if_needed /rebootcycle 3
    It will run through each computer in the list forcing the updates, rebooting and updating.

PS. I set the reboot cycle to 3 but if you have a huge number of updates this may need to be higher.

2. 3 Thanks to burgemaster:

Arcath (16th December 2013), plexer (16th December 2013), Valyyn (16th December 2013)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread