+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Sophos console problems in Technical; Originally Posted by ittech Symantec corporate v10 is very good, especially the managment options. And finally their 10.5x client is ...
    Thank Post

Re: Sophos console problems

Quote Originally Posted by ittech
    Symantec corporate v10 is very good, especially the managment options. And finally their 10.5x client is very stable.
    I would start looking into alternatives but we're tied into Sophos through our LEA

Thank Post
    I have been installing the new console 4.5 that schools have to use from March. The instructions are a bit off and you end up having to find your own way round things. I have started documenting them on my forum which I set up a few days ago: OLCHS Tech Forum - Home

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As already recommended, run the removal scripts to completely remove Sophos. It's not necessary to uninstall manually via Add/Remove Programs, the script will do all this for you.
    What script is this as I'm due to remove Sophos and install the latest version. Any chance of a copy or a link to it?

Thank Post
    Just go to my forum above as I find ways I am documenting them as a reminder of what I am doing.

Thank Post
    If you have psexec installed

@echo off
    echo "Starting Removal of Sophos"

psexec %1 msiexec.exe /x "c:\program files\sophos\autoupdate\cache\savxp\sophos anti-virus.msi" /q /norestart
    psexec %1 msiexec.exe /x "c:\program files\sophos\autoupdate\cache\rms\sophos remote management system.msi" /q /norestart
    psexec %1 msiexec.exe /x "c:\program files\sophos\autoupdate\cache\sau\sophos autoupdate.msi" /q /norestart

echo "MSI's removed"

psexec %1 reg delete HKLM\Software\Sophos /f
    psexec %1 reg delete HKCU\Software\Sophos /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos Agent" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SavService " /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SAVAdminSe rvice" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos AutoUpdate Agent" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos AutoUpdate Service" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos Certification Manager" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos EMLib Update Agent" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SEMschedul er" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos Management Service" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Sophos Message Router" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SQLAgent$S OPHOS" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSSQL$SOPH OS" /f
    psexec %1 reg delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\S ophos" /f

echo "Registry cleaned up"

psexec %1 rmdir "c:\program files\sophos" /s /q

echo "Sophos folder removed"

psexec %1 "c:\windows\system32\gpupdate" /force /boot

Thank Post
    Remove via batch command

"c:\program files\Sophos Sweep for NT\ESXP\setup.exe" -remove -ni -s

or if it's a server path

"\\servername\Sophos Sweep for NT\ESXP\setup.exe" -remove -ni -s

Read more: OLCHS Tech Forum - Login

Thank Post
    We had this very problem with some machines not updating. After checking event viewer on the affected computers it turned out to be a corrupt windows installer service. Re-install the windows installer service. I used this file WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe from Microsoft to re-install the service. Search MS for that file and run it on the workstations in question.

This may solve your problem.

Kili
    Last edited by kili; 7th December 2010 at 03:26 PM.

Thank Post
    Using the scripts to remove then install I have managed to start getting through the new console 4.5 quite quickly.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    What script is this as I'm due to remove Sophos and install the latest version. Any chance of a copy or a link to it?
    When we upgraded to the latest client, enterprise console simply upgraded the install, no removal necessary

Thank Post
    The console was fine overall, sometime the client didn't remove from the users computer so then it has to be removed first. Then a script is good.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12