+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Stupid Dual Monitor Question in Technical; Originally Posted by PeterW Right I'm just trying to get confirmation at the moment but it looks like you will ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts

Re: Stupid Dual Monitor Question

Quote Originally Posted by PeterW
    Right I'm just trying to get confirmation at the moment but it looks like you will require the DVI - DVI lead.

Although the card has the connection of a DVI-I port (does DVI-D & DVI-A) and has been supplied with an adaptor it is in fact a DVI-D and would need to goto the DVI-D port on the monitor using an appropriate cable. We don't have any cables in stock at the moment but I will have a look to see if I can find one and send it to you.

Apologies for the issue normally if a card is DVI-D only the connector has less pinholes and you would not be able to connect a VGA adaptor. (and should not be supplied with said adaptor).

Regards
    Thanks for that Peter, I thought this may be the case as I tried every other possible way round !!!
    I'll have to wait for my lead.....Thanks for getting back so quick.

P.S. I sent an E-mail to Dan too - if you can tell him you have helped me too.....

P.P.S. Getting some strange looks from the kids asking me why one of my monitors is currently blank........ :cry:

Thank Post

Big thanks to Peter at SCL for getting me the DVI to DVI lead so quick.
    Plugged it in and BAM - nice dual monitor setup now.
    Excellent service.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts

Mattx: well you'll probably get another one on monday then as I sent one out yesterday.

I've now got my twin Acer 19" TFT's up and running both DVI on my Matrox G550 PCIe card.

To get it working I've had to reinstall windows xp on my machine as there was some conflict with some of the dross I had installed when I put the card in windows gave me a BSOD I tried the certified driver and got the same thing with that.

Once I was up and running again I hadn't checked the option to extend my windows desktop and then wondered why it wasn't working.

Ben

Thank Post

Cheers Ben, do you want this one back or can I give it to my boss who wants to try his DVI output on his Ubunto box ?

I have to say now I have two monitors setup and a few virtual PCs, life is so much easier - being able to hack away at a virtual PC, take a snapshot, then put it back to its original state within 10 seconds is just brilliant.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12