+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, HP AIO software problems anyone :( in Technical; Hi all Having a amusing day today but anyway.... Been asked if I can get all the HP PSC's to ...
    Thank Post

HP AIO software problems anyone :(

Hi all

Having a amusing day today but anyway....

Been asked if I can get all the HP PSC's to work with scaning documents into word again i.e. OCR style.

Now, I uninstalled the old version that was there, then used the AIO removal tool, and then installed the current version of the driver / software package.

All went well.... until i tried to actually run the HP Director then I got this error message:

This document will help resolve C++ runtime errors that occur when opening the HP Photo and Imaging software. The following are two examples of runtime errors:
    Runtime Error! Program:...m Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe abnormal program termination
    Runtime Error! Program:...m Files\Hewlett-Packard\Digital Imaging\bin\Hpqdirec.exe This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en

Obviously, I've already what it details already, but is there something i've overlooked?

Can anyone suggest a easier way of doing it? Lucky I rarely wipe these PC's in question lol

Any help is appreciated guys
    Nath

Thank Post

Re: HP AIO software problems anyone :(

I hate to bump my post but has anyone got any ideas? I've got a load of irrate staff here, and I need to get it sorted smehow....

I just dont understand if i log in as a local Administrator, it works fine - but if i log in as any domain member [inc domain administrator] i get the error message.

Everything else of it seems to work fine, but the HP Director will not run no matter what I do

Any ideas?

Thank Post

Seen this problem before, I had it installed on a room full of workstations and they had that error message and eventually ground to a halt as one of the hundreds of associated processes went 100%.

I found an alternative solution was to do away completely with the AIO drivers and to allow students to scan via the webpage on the printers IP address. You can password protect all the other settings but allow scanning. It also means that you can add links to the scanner webpage onto the desktop or start menu (or all in a folder etc). If they want to do something with the image after they have scanned it, they just treat it as a normal image (Office Picture manager or paintshop pro etc). OCR can be done from within Office 2003's Document Imaging software.

Its only a small comprimise of functionality; They can no longer 'insert image from scanner', but the result is the same.

-Kev

Thank Post

Alas, a good idea in theory - and thanks for the input - but unfortunately, it wont work....

The target pc [theres 4 in all] that I have been trying to get it to work on only has Office XP [another has Office XP and two have Office 2000] and all 4 PC's have the HP PSC 2110 attached locally to the machines.

Of course, with Oiffce XP and lower, there was no Document Scanner option so the HP Director is the only to use [minus a seperate OCR program].

I believe that the printer(s) came with ReadIris but I cant find the CD anywhere and on the HP support site for the printer under the downloads section, theres a link to a order page for the ReadIris CD lol £10 a CD which is nothing, but every department moans when they have to front some cash.

The stupid thing is that it was working long time ago - pre summer hols - but since then, I've wiped all the PC's and most likely changed the GP [which is probably the issue here].

Can anyone think of a GP setting that might be causing it?

Cheers
    Nath

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread