Quote Originally Posted by ricki View Post
HI

I am guessing here wildly.

Did you start happening when the clocks moved. If so as people have said it could be time.

Or

We had this when a network card went strange in a printer I think and started broadcasting to the entire network and got switchs to fall over.

We also had it when a switch was overheating due to fans and had to have the fans replaced.

The other thoughts I have had. Are the machines with the problem ones with a 1gig network card. We have had it where the card was too fast for the network and we had to put a gpo in to wait for network and a registry key in to get the client to wait for network at boot so it picked up gpo settings.

I think it was

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"GpNetworkStartTimeoutPolicyValue"=dword:00000 03c

Read up on this online before doing it but it did fix our problems

Put this into a name.reg file and then apply the registry setting.

Richard
Thanks very much for your advice. More and more research seems to be suggesting the time problrem. Now that we fixed an issue with the time, I think we just need to wait and see if the problem occours again on any other PC's. I just had hoped that when we fixed the time, the PC that is currently having these problems would start working again. Perhaps not!

I will keep my eye out and if we get another one doing this, revive this thread.

Many thanks