+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, GP software deployment removal/uninstallation weirdness in Technical; (Not sure what forum this belongs in, feel free to move it if this is the wrong one). I'm currently ...
    Thank Post

GP software deployment removal/uninstallation weirdness

(Not sure what forum this belongs in, feel free to move it if this is the wrong one).

I'm currently setting up and testing our new network, with Windows Server 2012 and Windows 7 clients.

Installing MSIs via GPO works wonderfully, but here's the weird bit: if I remove a package (right click the package in the 'Software installation' section of the GPO > 'All Tasks' > 'Remove' > 'Immediately uninstall...'), all packages assigned to the OU uninstall when the machine is rebooted, not just the one(s) I removed.

I can't see anything amiss in the Event Log... please tell me I'm not going mad!

Thank Post
    More info: in the test described above, I had the 'Remove this item when it falls out of scope' option ticked. I retried without that option ticked, and the opposite happened. Nothing was uninstalled, not even the item I actually removed!

WTF is going on with my GP?!

EDIT: Just tried the same thing on an OU outside the main tree structure, just in case of a GPO conflict. Nope.
    Last edited by FishCustard; 27th June 2013 at 05:22 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information