+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Password Management Tools in Technical; Afternoon all! I've been toying with replacing our Password Management Portal here with something that will be a bit "easier" ...
    Thank Post

Password Management Tools

Afternoon all!

I've been toying with replacing our Password Management Portal here with something that will be a bit "easier" for the end user to use to reset/unlock their accounts.

At the moment we have an internal site where users can access the page (With someone else logged into the PC) to reset their password/unlock their account by entering their username and answering their security questions, and then getting a temporary password to use.
    The system is a bit difficult to use for them (The users are in their late 40-50's and still consider PC's to be sorcery).

I'm looking at replacing that site with a simple tool - you see the Windows login screen and if you've forgotten your password, you can click on an icon and be presented with your security questions. Once answered, your account is unlocked and you get a temp password.

I've had a look around and I can see a few tools from Mcafee (Can't see anything about security questions) and I've seen the one from Wiseoft, and I've had a quick scan through the forums - but I'm struggling to find anything that really suits what I need.

I don't really want to start giving Center Managers access to AD, let alone the end-user, and I'm trying to make it as simple as possible to both implement and get them to use (They complain over the simplest things!).

Does anyone here use something similar, or know of something that does the same job?

Thank Post
    Le sigh. I just found Forefront Identity Manager 2010 RIGHT after posting this...

Thank Post
    I'd love to hear how you get on! Been looking into this for general user management but not found anyone else who uses it yet!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread