+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Dell Inspiron 5520 Drivers XP in Technical; Hi All, I've got a couple of Dell Inspiron 5520 (15R) machines that for varies reasons I need to downgrade ...

Thank Post

Dell Inspiron 5520 Drivers XP

Hi All,

I've got a couple of Dell Inspiron 5520 (15R) machines that for varies reasons I need to downgrade to Windows XP Pro for the short term.

Whilst I know the machines are not officially supported to run Windows XP, I have managed to get my hands on most of the drivers and they work. I'm struggling on a couple and hope somebody is able to point me in the direction of a known working driver.

The audio is showing as HD Audio - and the device ID is showing as HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_506E&SUBSYS_10280569& REV_1000, I believe it installs as part of the Intel Drivers, but I can't get it to work, other references show it as Conexant HS audio, but again can't find a working one.

Also, there is a device showing with ID - USB\Vid_8087&Pid_07da&Rev_7869, possibly webcam??

And the Network Card (LAN) seems to have installed but won't work, and get yellow !! next to it, it shows up as Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller - The WiFi drivers work ok.

Any help tracking down working XP drivers would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Matt

Thank Post
    Despite being a Dell, I found both drivers for both of those devices on the Lenovo website.

Providing they haven't somehow restricted installation to their own product, you could give them a try. Supported OSs for both state XP.

The Audio device is indeed a Conexant HD audio device - Conexant Audio Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

The other device is registering as an Intel Bluetooth 4.0 device - Intel Bluetooth 4.0 + High Speed Adaptor for Windwos 7 (32-bit, 54-bit), XP - ThinkPad S430 and ThinkPad Edge S430

Give those drivers a try. Nothing to lose.

Thank Post
    Thanks Mako,

I did find the drivers on the Lenovo website, but they didn't seem to work, I even tried extracting the files from the setup files and still no luck! - I will give it another shot tho!

I've also tried using something similar to driver pack and again no luck.

Thanks for the posting the information tho...

Matt

Thank Post
    Hellomattpant,
    I also need to downgrade my Dell Inspiron 5520 with Windows XP and I struggle to find drivers for it too. I wonder if you have any success in that? Can you please, share if you managed to find any? Thanks!

Thank Post
    Microsoft will soon stop supporting the OS, so what seams like a nice idea now could be security risk in the near future.
    I laugh at anyone who demands XP and always refuse. If MS are not going to support it then why should I.

Thank Post
    Thanks for the elucidation Galway,
    I appreciate that, but the reason I want to use XP is not because I'm big fan of it. I'm sure that others are not, too. Because of my job I need to use older version of other software and it can't be run in newer Windows. That's why I'm forced to use XP in order to work with it. But my old computer crushed and the new one I bought supports Windows 7 and 8. I installed XP on it, but I need drivers to use all features as well as the software I need.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ex3mist View Post
    Because of my job I need to use older version of other software and it can't be run in newer Windows.
    Have you tried 32-bit versions of 7? I've found most things will still run, of course YMMV - particularly if it's something highly specialized. Would in run in a VM or XP Mode? (Not sure how they handle the driver issues, so maybe not!)

Thank Post
    Hello LeMarchand,
    No, I haven't tried that. Maybe I'll have to reinstall the Windows using 7... Does it necessary have to be 32-bit? Cause now I have my hard drive spit and I have 64-bit version on the other partition. Do you think I could try to run it there? It's CAD/CAM software. (If that info helps.)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ex3mist View Post
    Hello LeMarchand,
    No, I haven't tried that. Maybe I'll have to reinstall the Windows using 7... Does it necessary have to be 32-bit?
    When my main site swapped to W7 the first load of laptops were x64 and I had to use Windows XP Mode to get some of the titles to work, but the next load of desktops were 32 bit (no EES at the time) and pretty much everything worked. (Possibly some of it is to do with the 2 "Program Files" folders? Maybe the (x86) suffix confuses the older programs?) On the other hand, we're talking about programs like "Dazzle" and other 16 bit wonders the teachers won't grow out of rather than CAD/CAM! Maybe worth a shot, though.

Thank Post
    I'll definately try it. Thanks!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread