I've been using the logon script from here that sets up network printers for months, then today I suddenly start seeing error messages.
Error: The Printer name is invalid
I've checked and double checked that line and there nothing wrong with it, I can connect to the printer specified from the machines that are showing the error.
In fact character 3 on line 38 isn't even a name of a printer, it's part of a command!
Attached is the script and screenshot of the error if anyone has any ideas?
Hmm, on further investigation I got the following error "You do not have sufficient access to your computer to connect to this printer", googling came up with a MS support article about changing a setting in the local policy. Made the following change in the Domain Group Policy.
Local Policies > Security Options
Devices: Prevent users from installing printer drivers - Disabled
Forced a policy update on the machine, did a reboot, logged on and the printer script runs and sets up the right printers.
Now the only thing I can think that has changed since yesterday is some Windows Updated that were done to the Print server and clients, off the top of my head I can't remember which updates they were though.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)