+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows Thread, Lenovo B570e Laptop in Technical; Hi all, we bought a batch of Lenovo B570e Laptops just before Christmas. A user was experiencing issues with the ...

Thank Post

Lenovo B570e Laptop

Hi all,

we bought a batch of Lenovo B570e Laptops just before Christmas. A user was experiencing issues with the wireless so I took a look, tried different drivers etc... still having issues. I decided to unscrew the bottom panel and re seat the wireless card and make sure the antennas were plugged in properly. Anyway the wireless card only has 1 antenna but two sockets like most. I thought this was weird as I don't believe I have seen a laptop with only 1 antenna cable usually you get 1 black 1 white. I checked the other laptops from the batch and they are the same. Can anyone on here with one of these possibly check and see if it is suppose to have 2 cables? A newer lenovo model which we have just bought does have the 2 antenna cables as do older g550 and g650 we have. We sent it back to a repair center and all they did is send it back with a fresh copy of windows 7 which is not what I wanted. HELP!

thanks in advance.

Jonny

Thank Post
    b.u.m.p

Thank Post
    What kind of issues with wireless?

Thank Post

Wireless

The connection kept dropping from the wireless. taking ages to join and not joining in some cases.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,016 Posts
    Blog Entries
    There is a good picture of it here: Review Lenovo B570e-N2F23GE Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews
    It also says it is a Broadcom module. What wireless system are you running as it may be a compatibility issue between the two, which is not unknown.

6. Thanks to Dos_Box from:

jonnykewell1 (17th January 2013)

Thank Post
    Thanks for this Dos_Box that answers my question regarding the one cable which I still think is weird! We are running a netgear managed system the other laptops from the batch seem to be ok, I will take note of what driver the repair guys have installed on the windows 7 home install (argh) and then put professional back on and see how it runs.

Thank Post
    Hi Guys

Iv got a small problem, and I'm struggling to get my head around it! I'm installing Windows 7 pro 64Bit from scratch. I normally do chipset drivers first, then i move on to the others and Finnish of by doing a windows update.

My problem is when i come to install the nVidia Optimus Display Driver the install appears to fail, windows message pops up towards the end and says something like "hasn't installed properly would you like to try reinstall the recommended way"

Am i right in thinking the nVidia Optimus Display Driver should install the intel drivers too?

My Next step was to try install the Intel HD Graphics (Integrated) from the Lenovo site, after installing the machine wont boot back into windows.

Iv tried all kinds of combinations and driver packages with the same result.

has anyone else come across a similar problem?

Many Thanks

Giles.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,716 Posts
    Have you just jumped to Windows Update - presuming you have network drivers etc? This might install one or two for you

10. Thanks to witch from:

jenking (13th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Yea i did a full windows update - it picked up the correct Intel Driver Package. Left with the same outcome, windows fails to boot!

Thank Post
    We have some of these laptops in deployment at the moment, Wireless works fine. Takes a while to connect sometimes, but that might be our DHCP not giving it an IP address instantly

Thank Post
    hi SovietRussia, its the display drivers im having troubles with!! Thanks

Thank Post
    Are you sure you have an Nvidia card actually in there? The base model only comes with Intel HD graphics from the CPU, so installing the Optimus drivers will cause problems. If you haven't got a discrete card, try removing the Nvidia software first.

15. Thanks to 3s-gtech from:

jenking (14th March 2013)

Thank Post
    Yea its nvidia alright, its even got the sticker on. Iv got ten of these laptops, so iv unboxed another one. Loaded up the lenovo build - Device manager, shows one Intel and one nvidia display adapter. The drivers on the laptop seem to be older versions of the ones on the Lenovo Site. So i'm currently searching for the older drivers! The only difference is the versions of windows, the Lenovo was shipped with Home. Surely that can't make a difference with the driver installers!

Its totally bizar! Iv never had this much of a problem with drivers! I cant find anything on the Lenovo Froums too.

Thank Post
    When you say that Windows fails to boot, what are you seeing?

Can you boot it in either Safe Mode or Low Resolution Mode?

Thank Post
    Because the nvidia Optimus install package fails from the lenovo site, i tried the nvidia drivers from there own site. With this set of drivers i get an error message that says you must install Intel Drivers First. So with the Intel Drivers from Lenovo Site or windows update. Once Installed Windows boots for a few seconds then restarts. So yeah i've been loading safe mode and uninstalling the Intel drivers!

Thanks for your help so far guys.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast