+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Start Up Script problem in Technical; Hi all, happy new year. What started off as a basic task has turned into a head scratcher. I wanted ...

Thank Post

Start Up Script problem

Hi all, happy new year.

What started off as a basic task has turned into a head scratcher.

I wanted to add a network drive to the logon script used by our staff "staff.bat"; two of our users need to access a folder on my machine, if I go to the users machine and manually map the network drive it works absolutely fine, until the machine is rebooted and then the drive disconnects.

Because of that I decided to create a custom logonscript for the required users "staffICT.bat, I copied the original script, made the changes I needed, saved the script and then updated the users AD profile asking it to use the new script "staffICT.bat" when logging on, but this fails to work.

I have been through all the GPO's to see the the network drives were being mapped elsewhere, but there is no mention of them anywhere in GP Editor.

I have run a gpupdate on all servers and the test machine I have been using, but to no effect.

I have also manually removed disconnected the network drives and restarted, and on reboot it re-maps the same 4 network drives it always did, no matter what changes I make to the logon script, as of now the script says to add no network drives what so ever, but if I manually disconnect them and reboot the machine, the same four drives are reconnected every time.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Last edited by lquinnuk; 14th January 2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: clarity

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,587 Times in 1,390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just to confirm are you using this script as a logon script or start up

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Just to confirm are you using this script as a logon script or start up
    Hi, sorry for not be clear, it's the logon script; under profile in the users AD entry.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    the script dosent contain a net use x: /delete further down than your net use x: \\whatever\wherever does it?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    the script dosent contain a net use x: /delete further down than your net use x: \\whatever\wherever does it?
    no not at all, at the moment I have a new batch file just reading - "net use z: \\nm-pc\IT Scans"

Though when I run this in CMD it says "Logon failure : unknown user name or bad password, I've tried and used every which way to put the user name and password into the batch file, but no matter how I do it it then just gives me some details about proper syntax use, so it either.

A. says cannot connect because of bad password

or

B. displays syntax help information?

How ever if I manually map the drive through my computer, it's fine, no user name, no password, just maps straight away.

That said, the fact that this batch file isn't working is one thing, even if it was working, it still doesn't explain why the logon scripts don't seem to be working, as the same 4 network drives will ALWAYS re-map regardless of which logon script I specify in AD.

Thank Post
    Is the script also being called by group policy? possibly from a different location?, if it is that would explain it overwriting the changes you make.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread