+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, HP 1515n Printing Issue in Technical; That just sounds like a poor install to me, shouldn't happen. Everything has gone via ESPO and GPS so if ...
    M0MST
    That just sounds like a poor install to me, shouldn't happen. Everything has gone via ESPO and GPS so if there are any issues they will have the book thrown at them. I did my research as well, this solution is in several large local schools and seems water tight. I may eat my hat now but once its in I will review how its gone.

Thank Post
    Hmmm... We had a similar setup at our old place, linked to biometrics, set up by contractors. It was SO TERRIBLE I went to SLT twice to get it removed. You'll get more 'pipe error' than you will actual jobs out the things. Demonstrable waste of money, terribly implemented and expensive catastrophe.

Not saying yours will be of course, just adding another cautionary tale/scare story.

Thank Post
    That would be an interesting read to see how you get on! + Could of been a poor install. Personally I don't think our place is big enough to take advantage of what it could offer, and we are happy as we are, no real massive issues we can't sort. Watch the Print server go down now and I'll cry.

M0MST
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscbrah View Post
    Hmmm... We had a similar setup at our old place, linked to biometrics, set up by contractors. It was SO TERRIBLE I went to SLT twice to get it removed. You'll get more 'pipe error' than you will actual jobs out the things. Demonstrable waste of money, terribly implemented and expensive catastrophe.

Not saying yours will be of course, just adding another cautionary tale/scare story.
    Any hints to which company

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by M0MST View Post
    Any hints to which company
    Having seconds thoughts?

M0MST
    Quote Originally Posted by L3OUGH View Post
    That would be an interesting read to see how you get on! + Could of been a poor install. Personally I don't think our place is big enough to take advantage of what it could offer, and we are happy as we are, no real massive issues we can't sort. Watch the Print server go down now and I'll cry.
    You have cursed it now. We are small ourselves, only 180 pupils and I work on my own, so I hope its not going to give me much of a headache,

If it wasnt for all of the colour printing, it wouldn't be beneficial to us but with our print volumes its , I have heard bad stories about biometrics, as well as seen it used successfully up the road, so just waiting to see what happens.

M0MST
    No, too late now just interested which company, When I put this out for tender we had some non GPS/ESPO companies come in, never seen anything like it in all my life, I could have gone and watched Tottenham Hotspur, got an ipad and an all expenses paid trip to spearmint rhino for me and some of my colleagues if I had taken up his quote. Alarm bells were ringing immediately. I worked very closely with the LEA on this project, and our supplier was suggested by them within their framework
    Last edited by M0MST; 20th December 2012 at 09:59 AM.

Thank Post
    Well sounds like you've done your research. I hope that everything goes smoothly and indeed it doesn't give you to much of an headache.

Also that is a small school! Don't you think you'd it beneficial to have another techie?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12