+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Promethean 300 boards and usb audio in Technical; Hi, Our new promethean 300 boards keep loosing their usb audio connection each time the laptops they are connected to ...

Thank Post

Promethean 300 boards and usb audio

Hi,

Our new promethean 300 boards keep loosing their usb audio connection each time the laptops they are connected to shutdown or restart.
    The only way to get the audio working again is to pull out the boards USB connection and plug it back in.

I have update the promethean drivers( v 2.7.23.1)and active inspire software to the latest. I have checked the usb settings for the laptops in their BIOS
    and nothing seems out of order. The laptops are Dell latitude E5520 laptops with Windows 7 installed.
    I have even set the Promethean USB Audio as the defualt audio device on the laptops but each time a laptop shuts down or restarts you would need to re-plug
    the usb connection for the audio to work even though the boards reconnect after the shutdown or restart.

Has any one encountered this problem and is there a work arround?

Thank Post
    My home headphones do the same thing (Plantronic GameCom 780; USB audio). I've not found a workaround aside from what you've suggested, but it's not so much of an issue for me. You say you've set the Activ speakers as default, implying there is also onboard sound in the PC. Have you tried disabling that? Certainly it can be disabled in Device Manager, but there may be a BIOS option too. Unless the USB ports aren't being enumerated properly when the PC boots, it should force the board to be the sound ouput as it's the only one available. Failing that, there may be an issue with the board. We just had the pen electronics and USB hub changed on a new 300 Pro due to a total failure of interactivity.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WTFBBQ View Post
    My home headphones do the same thing (Plantronic GameCom 780; USB audio). I've not found a workaround aside from what you've suggested, but it's not so much of an issue for me. You say you've set the Activ speakers as default, implying there is also onboard sound in the PC. Have you tried disabling that? Certainly it can be disabled in Device Manager, but there may be a BIOS option too. Unless the USB ports aren't being enumerated properly when the PC boots, it should force the board to be the sound ouput as it's the only one available. Failing that, there may be an issue with the board. We just had the pen electronics and USB hub changed on a new 300 Pro due to a total failure of interactivity.

Yes, I have tried disabling the onboard speakers for the laptops but all that does is when the user logs on, no sound device is connected. Even though the Promethean USB sound is set as the defualt.
    You still need to re-plug the USB connection before the USB sound kicks in. As for disabling onbord sound in BIOS, not an obtion since staff members might want to use laptop with out the boards.
    We currently have over 100 of these boards spread over three different sites and since all of them are pretty new, I do not think its to do with the boards. I was thinking it might be a problem with
    USN audio drivers.

Thanks for your response. Nice to now I am not alone.

ijk

Thank Post
    Experiencing similar issues with Mac and Sibelius/Garageband - board loses interactivity. See this - GarageBand?? - Promethean Planet Forums

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread