+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Urgent Microsoft Office 365 help - please in Technical; Hi I have rolled out office 365 for all my staff to use as their school email. Since staff have ...

Thank Post

Urgent Microsoft Office 365 help - please

Hi

I have rolled out office 365 for all my staff to use as their school email. Since staff have come back we have noticed that it is running appallingly slow. Does anyone have any experience on how to speed it up? I believe it is our internet filter / firewall slowing it down as use at home is fine. We have two domains and it appears to be worse on one domain than the other.

Actions so far:

1. Added host url to IE exceptions.
    2. Added all the IP's and urls on this link to our web filter. Outlook Web App
    3. Run the office 365 speed test but it doesn't really mean much to me :S
    4. I have our LEA support looking at it but they came back to me today saying it looks fine but about 5 minutes to upload an attachment is not right especially when it runs a heck of a lot quicker externally.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially if someone has had a similar issue.

Many Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,570 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Blog Entries
    What LEA, the probably have the traffic prioritised down with the YouTube videos and Dragon Ball Z lookups to make their own solution or GAPS look better. See if you can get them to add it to the priority traffic set. It is not unusually for bandwidth to be well oversubscribed at which point it all comes down to which services the network 'wants' to make work. The rest is best effort. This is why I generally prefer self managed connections as you can make it suit the schools needs rather than the needs/preferences of the upstream provider.

That said you are never going to get local speed from a cloud provider without selling the school and spending the proceedings on a month of internet. If you want speed you want local that way the user interactions (inside the school) are really quick and the slow bits are handled by the server rather than the user.
    Last edited by SYNACK; 1st November 2012 at 06:55 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread