+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Promethean ActiveStudio ActiveBoard ActiveDriver on VISTA in Technical; Hi, I am having issues Promethean Whiteboard Software on Vista, has anyone got this working correctly, I'm using version 3.0 ...

Thank Post

Promethean ActiveStudio ActiveBoard ActiveDriver on VISTA

Hi, I am having issues Promethean Whiteboard Software on Vista, has anyone got this working correctly, I'm using version 3.0 and look forward to finding out how to get this installed and working.
    best regards Roly

Thank Post

Re: Promethean ActiveStudio ActiveBoard ActiveDriver on VIST

officially our driver has basic vista 32-bit support, however it has a couple of problems with power saving and the built in tablet support. Also our software hasn't been fully tested and bugfixed for vista yet (As vista isn't really that common in schools right now + our engineering bods are working on some pretty sweet new products due for release soon).

the unofficial news is that the next release of the driver (that I have installed) will be released this week or next, and will have a much nicer 32bit vista support, I'm unsure about 64-bit support but the presence of a "ActivControl2x64.exe" suggestst that it's there.

The software though is unlikely to be fully patched until the end of the summer at the earliest. I would be very suprised if anyone is rolling out a vista network over the summer but let me know if you are. I've heard that anyone being supplied by HP is being messed around and they are insisting that customers use vista or they won't be supported.

Thank Post

Re: Promethean ActiveStudio ActiveBoard ActiveDriver on VISTA

Hi, Thanks of the heads up, I only have two VISTA laptops in the school and I would dearly like to get them working with Promethean Whiteboards.

So if there is anything you can do to persuade promethean to let me have a BETA copy that would be good. I have just seen the active Driver V4 which you mentioned, just downloading it now, so hopefully that will work with vista. (oh I do hope so !!)

Surely someone has got it working with VISTA, I once read in a grave year on a toombstone, somthing like " Where you now stand I once stood and where I now lie you too will oneday need to lie." :-) or something along those lines.

Look forward to any feedback
    best regards
    Roly

Thank Post

I can only really confirm what I said last month. The current driver 4.1.10 does support Vista. However Prometheans engineers are aware of problems with the software in Vista, basically you can install it but you're on your own

This isn't being mean but officially Vista isn't supported, Promethean know there are problems and will fix these in the next month or two. A lot of other software has been in the same situation with Vista.

On a completely personal note, I've had Vista installed at home for a couple of months and I hate it. My HD video playback is terrible, file navigation is slower, more crashes etc. I'm thinking of blatting that machine, putting XP back on and giving Ubuntu a whirl on a seperate partition.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts

Whats your PC spec Stu, as a minimum you must have 2gb ram to make vista live.

Thank Post

I think that's the problem tbh. I'm upgrading the thing to a dual core mobo/cpu this month, and it has 1Gig or memory, but still, it's titanically slower than xp was on it. I heard today that MS have released a performance patch for Vista that includes fixing slowdown in folder navigation that I mentioned, so I'm giving that a whirl when I get home.

I'll let you know if it helps (or if it borks my machine)

Thank Post

I'm currently deploying Windows Vista on our school network. We have several activeboards and activepanels. I tried to install the activpanel driver (latest available) on windows vista and the panel gets recognized as an serial activboard, but it's not recognized by the promethean software. I've change the driver to the USB activboard since it's connected using USB, but than Windows Vista doesn't want to boot anymore.

Will there be a new driverrelease soon?

Thank Post

There has been an update on the Knowledgebase, please take a look at the Vista article in the newest articles list:

http://www.prometheankb.com/

The driver may not be perfect but it works, and yes it currently requires UAC be switched off as mentioned elsewhere in this forum.

Thank Post
    just put the software & driver v4.1.12 on a vista laptop. It works fine, however the laptop not thinks it is a tablet pc.
    When you press Ctrl, ALT & DEL the input keyboard appears below the switch user button. Any body else get this?

Thank Post
    Vista has several Tablet PC options and Windows 7 versions even more.

In the latest driver settings there are toggles for Pen / Mouse and Win7 optimisation.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread