+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Vista and HP Printer Drivers in Technical; Am I wrong here? Is it me? Should I be annoyed to find out my 3 year old HP Officejet ...
    metalmonkey

Vista and HP Printer Drivers

Am I wrong here? Is it me? Should I be annoyed to find out my 3 year old HP Officejet all-in-one is now defunct?

I've been running Vista now for a number of weeks and only yesterday did I realise my printer doesn't have the ability to print double sided. Well, it physically does, but the driver Vista supplied suggests I can only double side print manually, not using the duplex unit I paid for.

So I drifted off to HP's site to download the 'real' driver.

Here's the page; (have a look at the last paragraph)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...=64992&lang=en

Is it me or is HP telling me I need to buy a NEW printer?

I've tried installing the XP corporate driver and set it to install as XP SP2 compatibility, but it corrupts and doesn't work at all.

Someone please tell me there is a solution to this?

I don't normally care, as I virtually never print double sided, but it's the principle of the matter.

I have to admit, I'm begining to loath Vista. (I was previously a supporter - but the little niggles are starting to infuriate me)

Thank Post

Re: Vista and HP Printer Drivers

We've had problems with HP printer drivers on Vista as well. Of all the printers, it was the laserjet 1010 we had in our office that we couldn't get to work. We forced the XP driver to install in the end, and it does work now, but not an ideal solution. There appears to be no actual vista driver for it!

With the amount of 1010's we have in the school, we won't be switching to vista for a long time yet!

Mike.

Thank Post

My HP printer will now only print in best.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by maniac
    With the amount of 1010's we have in the school, we won't be switching to vista for a long time yet!

Mike.
    I've got the same model connected to my Vista PC home. I installed the XP driver and it worked but seemed to have a habit of disappearing when i restarted my computer. I'm currently using the HP 'generic' Vista Laserjet driver. This works fine for printing text, and survives reboots, but it seems to have 'issues' with certain layouts and images not being printed correctly!

Thank Post

Sorry to say this is policy for HP, Epson, Canon, when it comes to scanners, printers and pretty much anything.

They want to force you to upgrade so what they say is that they're focusing their efforts on the newest products and may only add drivers later if time/resources allow.

The only way they write the updated drivers for your printer, etc.. is if a BIG customer needs them to work with Vista and basically makes it a requirement or else competitors here we come...

Seen it happen with 2000/XP... they really are trying to force you to upgrade.

Thank Post

I've just installed Vista and I have the same problem you guys had, but I cant figure out how to force XP driver to be installed. Or the solution flyinghaggis used, generic Vista LaserJet driver, where can i download it? Or is it the driver that Vista put at first (if it is, i cant get it to print with it). I have searched HP site for the drivers, they are not released yet for Vista, there are some drivers that work on "virtually all of your HP LaserJets." but LaserJet 1010 is not among them.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread