+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Where to buy from? in Technical; For school we are obviously able to purchase Vista through the Select Licencing Agreement. However, I have started to get ...
    Thank Post

Where to buy from?

For school we are obviously able to purchase Vista through the Select Licencing Agreement. However, I have started to get the inevitable questions from staff about where the best place to buy it personally would be. Has anybody found a copy of of Vista Ultimate for not a lot of money (high hopes or what ). It is fine being an upgrade copy but cannot be OEM.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Where to buy from?

Have you tried somewhere like Pugh? They do the Staff / Student scheme for Microsoft products

Thank Post

Thanks for that, looking on their site now. Havn't really looked anywhere yet to be honest because at the moment I don't want Vista at home, and the school machines that I want it on I will buy licences for through Select.

Thanks again

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

According to Ramesys, the Student Select software for the new versions of Windows and Office won't be coming along for a while yet.

imo, unless you buy OEM, your best best is to probably get a group of people together and buy it from the US. Vista retail costs almost the same in dollars as it does in pounds and even taking into account VAT, duty and shipping it would still probably end up costing less money. Someone really needs to show Bill and friends http://www.xe.com

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,066 Times in 931 Posts

I get and advise people to go to CCL Computers for it - www.cclonline.com they have it on OEM at a great price, and have good priced retail and upgrades (or did last time I checked them out)

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,273 Times in 1,048 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cheesypete
    Have you tried somewhere like Pugh? They do the Staff / Student scheme for Microsoft products
    I found the service at Pugh wanting...very wanting. In fact I wanted them to do anything apart from the zero that they did with our problem. They sold us a product that in the end didn't exist then shafted us on the licence for the product that did come out (Nero 7 Pro). Basicly they pre sold us a product that they did not ever have.
    We won't be using them again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information