+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Vista Thread, VISTA and antivirus in Technical; AVG runs great but you do need to install fresh from the LATEST installation file available from AVG website - ...

Thank Post

Re: VISTA and antivirus

AVG runs great but you do need to install fresh from the LATEST installation file available from AVG website - I had a old build on my NAS which I thought would update to the latest build but it didn't and led to problems.

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Would love to get rid of symantec corp, but its bought by our LEA and is pretty cheap.

Just wish they had a proper downloadable update site, having to call the LEA or symantec to get a simple install disk for each point release is ridiculous. Also the fact that the software slows the machine down 25% doesn't help either, but its better than having an full scale virus outbreak(just).

Will be interested to see how one care turns out and its enterprise capabilities.

Thank Post

We used to use symantec corp on all our networks but now have bought AVG internet security for all our machines. Uses a lot less of the system resources and seems to detect a lot more problems.

Am using it on this pc running Vista Business with no problems so far.

Thank Post

I'm running Vista 64 at home and using AVG on it. No complaints so far not that its found anything since it was installed in february but we assume thats a good thing

Thank Post

F-Secure 7.1 beta.

Works perfectly, no issues or problems, of course you need to be an f-secure customer to get it, but it's an excellent piece of software.

Thank Post

I am using Kaspersky at home. I've heard F-Secure used their core. Dunno what the situation is now. For corporate net we are using another distributed anti-spy protection installed on the 'perimeter' servers and is running 'in front' of workstations. Not by Kaspersky. Grisoft's AV+FW is great but it doesn't support server systems. I am also using Windows Defender. It helped me with JS threats. It looks (I see it from log files on my W2k3 server Anti-Spyware) like the web-site auto-install scripts are the most popular threats now. Comparing the traffic gives the result that computers where users use the web are more virus-prone than those where users are just using e-mail. So perimeter protection coupled with desktop protection and IPSec security filtering policies do their job well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12