+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Vista on CC3 in Technical; Hi ALL, All the PC's at the site i look after are XP (Ecoquiets) and work fine. I have two ...

Thank Post

Vista on CC3

Hi ALL,
    All the PC's at the site i look after are XP (Ecoquiets) and work fine. I have two Vista Ecoquiets and it just wont see the network cable, Both of them! Any ideas? Im thinking maybe it could be the service pack? what else could it be?

Also the school still havent got me the RM paper work so i cant use the site to get the latest service pack, Can anyone help?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    When plugging in the ethernet cable do the LEDs flash to indicate activity? I didn't think you could run Vista clients on CC3 but only CC4, but someone more knowledgeable with RM may be able to confirm this.

Still you should be able to plug in an ethernet cable and obtain an IP address from your primary server DHCP Server.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I didn't think you could run Vista clients on CC3 but only CC4, but someone more knowledgeable with RM may be able to confirm this.
    No you can't build Vista CC3 clients but obviously this wouldn't effect network connectivity if you plugged a machine into the physical network.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by 'can't see the network cable'?

Thank Post
    It was last week i dont think the lights flashed at all and the red x stayed through the computer icons to indicate no cable. So really i should rebuild these as XP?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    At this stage the OS is irrelevant. Plugging in an ethernet cable should still work and you should still get an IP. The adapter itself may be disabled in Windows or the BIOS, (if the option is there), but I'd be a little baffled why RM would supply a machine like that.

Once the network side of things is sorted, make a note of devices and drivers which may be required then I would proceed to downgrade to XP.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginger9991 View Post
    It was last week i dont think the lights flashed at all and the red x stayed through the computer icons to indicate no cable. So really i should rebuild these as XP?
    Well the first thing to cure is why the machines can't connect to the physical network. Until we figure this one out you can't do anything as to rebuild you need to be able to connect to the CC3 server during the build process.

Have you tried the usual things such as a new network cable, different location, checked the switch etc.?

Thank Post
    I had a wierd one like this yesterday, was just about to log a hardware call but then decided to actually read the tec article that came out this month from RM regarding the Ascend 2050`s - seems like it was a driver issue that has been resolved with HSP40 accompanied by leaving the ac mains cable out for a minute. If its a 2050 let me know & I`ll forward you the details. - it worked for me.

Thank Post
    I had this issue with 2050's, odd behavior of USB devices, keyboards / mice having to be moved between ports or just stopped working and refused to work again until a rebuild. Pulling the power cable out for a minute did seem to fix it. I think in the end a chipset driver update did sort this although building computers with 15 power supplies isn't ideal.

I also had massive problems trying to build these onto the network as the hardware was released 3 months before the Hardware Support Pack that included the relevant drivers to rebuild. It would lose network connectively after installing Windows XP and would fail trying to connect to start the CC3 commissioning scripts. So make sure you are up to date with HSPs.

You can't use Vista on CC3 anyway, so get a Windows XP SP2 CD and download the drivers from RM just see if you can get a network connection.

You could also test network card with a Linux live CD / installation.

Thank Post
    We've had similar issues with Intel boards. Try clearing the bios, or removing the battery for a couple of minutes. this has resolved the problem
    for us in the past.

Thank Post
    Do they work as Vanillia?
    If so then its time to complain to RM

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread