Windows Vista Thread, Vista and GP in Technical; In the past I have used the XP version of gpmc.msc to manage the group policies on XP machines but ...
17th December 2009, 01:44 PM #1
Vista and GP
In the past I have used the XP version of gpmc.msc to manage the group policies on XP machines but now I want to use a Vista machine to do this. Is it just a matter of installing gpmc and copying across the ADMs to the Vista machine?
Using group policy on server 2003r2, is it possible to manage a handful of admin Vista machines or is Vista server 2007 only?
IDG Tech News
17th December 2009, 05:06 PM #2
gpmc is built in to vista/08/win 7
Last edited by sted; 17th December 2009 at 07:18 PM.
17th December 2009, 06:25 PM #3
Long story short:
- Do this: How to create a Central Store for Group Policy Administrative Templates in Windows Vista
- Install this: Download details: Microsoft Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows Vista
- Then do this to turn on the Administrative tools you need:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
- In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
- In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
- Select the remote management tools that you want to install.
- Click OK.
Thanks to AngryTechnician from:
Jobos (17th December 2009)
17th December 2009, 10:59 PM #4
@AngryTechnician: Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.
By Jobos in forum MIS Systems
Last Post: 6th July 2009, 07:50 AM
Last Post: 6th October 2008, 08:55 AM
By leonard.powers in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 27th August 2008, 08:55 PM
By Mr_Jones in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 11th June 2008, 12:53 PM
By Skoggmeiger in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 6th August 2007, 09:20 AM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)