+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, ADobe CS3 Master Suiteon 64 bit Vista in Technical; Has anyone had any problems installing CS3 onto a 64 bit installation of Vista? I'm installing from the hard drive. ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

ADobe CS3 Master Suiteon 64 bit Vista

Has anyone had any problems installing CS3 onto a 64 bit installation of Vista? I'm installing from the hard drive.

What a nightmare.

Event logs say:

Product: Adobe Setup -- Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\

I'm hunting through Google at the moment but thought I'd ask here as well to see if anyone has ideas.

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    Has anyone had any problems installing CS3 onto a 64 bit installation of Vista? I'm installing from the hard drive.

What a nightmare.

Event logs say:

Product: Adobe Setup -- Error 1327.Invalid Drive: P:\

I'm hunting through Google at the moment but thought I'd ask here as well to see if anyone has ideas.

Cheers

Gareth
    That looks like a standard Windows Installer error code which occurs when one of the 'special folders' (my docs, app data, favourites etc) is pointing to a non-existent location. I'm guessing that the P:\ drive is used in your setup in some way and that the user profile under which the setup has been run has a folder redirected to the P:\ drive but the drive is not mapped. You can check by looking in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Exp lorer\User Shell Folders.

3. Thanks to ajbritton from:

garethedmondson (30th July 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Spot on and thanks.

I'd removed the drives that I had mapped but totally forgot that I had also redirected the MyMusic and MyDocuments to those mapped drives as well. Once those mappings were removed the software installed without any issues.

Drives remapped and everythng works great.

Thanks again,

GJE

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Another problem you will have when installing CS3 on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or 7 is you will get prompted to locate AdobePDF.dll when installing Adobe Acrobat 8. More info here and here.

There is an unsupported fix too (Source).
    The AdobePDF printer will function if you MANUALLY extract the AdobePDF.dll (the DLL file that is associated to the PDF printer) and place it on your desktop and tell your Setup that is requesting the file to browse and point to the desktop ---

The location of the DLL file is required is within the Data1.cab and it will be named 'AdobePDF.dll_64' (DO NOT USE THE AdobePDF.DLL that is there, that is a 32-bit driver), copy the '64' file to your desktop and rename it to AdobePDF.dll

---------------------
    Possible locations of install cab files

Download Version:
    Start>Run> %temp% > Acrobat 8 Professional (or standard) > data1.cab

or CD

X:\Acrobat 8 Professional (or standard) > data1.cab
    I think you can also integrate the latest patch for Acrobat (currently v8.1.3) into the CS3 deployment folder to fix this issue.

Rant: Adobe really need to get their act together with the Creative Suite installers. They are a joke. I have spent literally weeks of my life trying to deploy their software and am fed up dealing with this crap. Sorry for the rant but their software drives me mad.
    Last edited by Arthur; 30th July 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Another problem you will have when installing CS3 on the 64-bit editions of Windows Vista or 7 is you will get prompted to locate AdobePDF.dll when installing Adobe Acrobat 8. More info here and here.

There is an unsupported fix too (Source).

I think you can also integrate the latest patch for Acrobat (currently v8.1.3) into the CS3 deployment folder to fix this issue.

Rant: Adobe really need to get their act together with the Creative Suite installers. They are a joke. I have spent literally weeks of my life trying to deploy their software and am fed up dealing with this crap. Sorry for the rant but their software drives me mad.
    Hi Arthur -

Thanks for that. I read about this one but have had no issues with that file. I've checked all the applications and they all work without any issues.

Regards

GJE

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread