+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Netbook with Vista? in Technical; Do you think anyone is going to try it yet? I have a netbook with XP, but I was thinking ...

Thank Post

Netbook with Vista?

Do you think anyone is going to try it yet?

I have a netbook with XP, but I was thinking of upgrading but sometimes it struggles running a few apps.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on if it's possible, I mean I thought 1GB RAM and a decent processor was all that is needed?!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ukjtf01 View Post
    Do you think anyone is going to try it yet?

I have a netbook with XP, but I was thinking of upgrading but sometimes it struggles running a few apps.

I'd be interested to know your thoughts on if it's possible, I mean I thought 1GB RAM and a decent processor was all that is needed?!
    The HP 2133 Mininote comes with Vista installed!

3. Thanks to CPLTD from:

ukjtf01 (20th March 2009)

Thank Post
    Not sure, with Windows 7 predicted to be a big player in the netbook dept I don't think its worth taking that step into it. Vista runs so much better with 2+ as well

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    The HP 2133 Mininote comes with Vista installed!

Damn - thats actually nic, be interested to see if anyone is actually running one of these?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamo View Post
    Not sure, with Windows 7 predicted to be a big player in the netbook dept I don't think its worth taking that step into it. Vista runs so much better with 2+ as well
    I've looked at a few posts on other sites saying they'd upgraded thier netbook to 2GB but... I don't want to risk it as the RAM is i think something silly like £80 when i last looked (end of last year) and i don't want to break my netbook

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Damn - thats actually nic, be interested to see if anyone is actually running one of these?
    the new model shown below is much better and comes with 2GB and vista and there are now running with the Atom CPU instead of the Via C7

Intel® Atom N270 1.6GHz Processor
    2GB DDR2 RAM / 160GB Hard Disk Drive
    Built in Webcam
    Intel GMA 950
    Genuine Windows Vista® Business 32-bit

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    We have been testing the Samsung NC-10, MSI Wind, Acer Aspire One, and Toshiba NB100 netbooks with Vista. All are upgraded to 2GB of RAM (except the Acer, which has 1.5 IIRC). They are all running pretty well.

With 1GB they were noticeably slower. I would definitely recommend the upgrade if you are serious about getting the most out of them with Vista.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryTechnician View Post
    We have been testing the Samsung NC-10, MSI Wind, Acer Aspire One, and Toshiba NB100 netbooks with Vista. All are upgraded to 2GB of RAM (except the Acer, which has 1.5 IIRC). They are all running pretty well.

With 1GB they were noticeably slower. I would definitely recommend the upgrade if you are serious about getting the most out of them with Vista.

Where did you get the RAM from? Idea of cost?

Thank Post
    The HP21233 is great it looks great and runs XP fine for normal webby and office stuff!

the memory upgrade is easy the module is under the keyboard 3 screws that you get at by removing the battery and since the 2GB is only 20 quid its a worth while upgrade!

2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-5300 upgrades for HP - Compaq HP 2133 Mini-Note PC (KR922UT) Netbook, CT859859 from Crucial.com

I'm looking forward to test the newer 2140 soon... all our year sevens have there own 2133..

we did stick win7 beta on a 2133 to see I think it was running OK but I didn't do it my self personally... all our 2133s have 2GB as we bought them that way

Thank Post
    I have a 2133 with xp for work and its brilliant. My brother has a 2133 at home with vista on it and its painfully slow to startup a few times when i have used it i thought it had hung and was about to restart it before it suddenly started loading vista!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,214 Times in 761 Posts
    Where did you get the RAM from? Idea of cost?
    dabs.com - Kingston ValueRAM 2GB 667MHz DDR2 Non-ECC (KVR667D2S5/2G) £13.06 ex Vat

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DSapseid View Post
    I have a 2133 with xp for work and its brilliant. My brother has a 2133 at home with vista on it and its painfully slow to startup a few times when i have used it i thought it had hung and was about to restart it before it suddenly started loading vista!
    I agree with this - we use 2133s at work and they ship with Vista preinstalled. I tested it for a bit but it was just too slow to do anything with. I took it off and stuck XP on and they run really well. I haven't benchmarked them yet, but I will get round to it soon.
    I've got a demo 2140 on my desk with Vista on it and it seems to run Vista better than the 2133s do. I'd still prefer to stick XP on it though. I'm not a Vista hater by any means, but I don't think it's the right choice for a netbook. Saying that, I have run Windows 7 on an Asus 1000H and it ran like a dream, so that will be the OS to go for when it's eventually released, I reckon.

Hello, by the way!

Thank Post
    We have Vista on a couple of netbooks and it seems to run fine.... well as fine as Vista runs!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread