+ Post New Thread
Windows Vista Thread, Force Vista to remember view settings in Technical; Hey hoping if someone can solve my only real annoyance with Vista. Does anyone know of a way to force ...
    Thank Post

Force Vista to remember view settings

Hey hoping if someone can solve my only real annoyance with Vista. Does anyone know of a way to force Vista to use the same view settings for a folder? I prefer to use the Tiles view and as usual go to folder options and apply it to all folders, only if I close a folder then open it again, it reverts back to Details - or any other view for that matter. Anyone know how to fix this. I'm on Ultimate SP1

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,321 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if this will work for you but I would set up the folder to the view that you want it in then hold down Alt + T then click on "Folder options" from the menu that appears.

Under the View tab make sure that the "Remember each folders view settings" check box is ticked and then click on the "Apply to Folders" button in the top left. This will apply those view settings to ever folder on the system. You can change individual folders later to different styles or use the reset button at a later date to put it all back to default.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Not sure if this will work for you but I would set up the folder to the view that you want it in then hold down Alt + T then click on "Folder options" from the menu that appears.

Under the View tab make sure that the "Remember each folders view settings" check box is ticked and then click on the "Apply to Folders" button in the top left. This will apply those view settings to ever folder on the system. You can change individual folders later to different styles or use the reset button at a later date to put it all back to default.
    Thats what I was trying to explain in my first post, thats the method I use but it still immediately forgets it

Thank Post
    Finally got a minute to look it up myself, everything I needed I got from here:

Windows Explorer Folder View settings - Vista Forums

Apparently this is a known problem but no-one knows what caused it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread