Windows Vista Thread, Profiles and "New" Ranger in Technical; We are building our first VISTA Images and are finding that the build done as Local Administrator and Domain Default ...
24th March 2008, 12:51 PM #1
Profiles and "New" Ranger
We are building our first VISTA Images and are finding that the build done as Local Administrator and Domain Default user is not being forced onto the users..
The Students are using Local Profiles (until next years 7's when the new RAM with Roaming Profiles will take over)
When the student logs on with Ranger installed they get MASSIVE icons and the wrong graphic settings...
Any idea how to force this "default" Profile?
24th March 2008, 04:15 PM #2
A quick google and I found this -
- Right click Computer and select Properties
- Select Advanced System Properties (elevating as required)
- In the system properties dialog click the Settings button under User Profiles
- Select the account you want to use as a template
- Click Copy To
- Change the "permitted to use" option to Everyone
- Use the Browse button to select the location of the default profile (C:\Users\Default)
- Click Ok
- Click Yes to overwrite the existing default profile
I cannot try this as I do not have Vista to hand. Please let me know how it goes as I see you're having a few issues deploying Vista
24th March 2008, 09:02 PM #3
When you have done that on one, copy the contents of the file to the other computers.
25th March 2008, 11:05 AM #4
Originally Posted by FN-Greatermanchester
By tech_guy in forum Windows
Last Post: 24th January 2008, 01:07 PM
By tarquel in forum Gaming
Last Post: 19th June 2007, 08:34 AM
Last Post: 28th September 2006, 07:06 PM
Last Post: 13th June 2006, 09:22 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)