+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, 70-410, 411 and 412 Exam study material in Technical; Evening guys I'm soon going to be starting my study for the 70-410 exam. My experience with Windows servers is ...

Thank Post

70-410, 411 and 412 Exam study material

Evening guys

I'm soon going to be starting my study for the 70-410 exam.

My experience with Windows servers is constant since Windows 2000 Servers was released, and i've been playing about with Windows Server 2012R2 for a while now (both at home and now more and more at work)

I learn well with a combination of books and playing (on my test network of course), and so i'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a good book they've personally used for the exam.

p.s - Apologies to sound a bit blunt here, I'd prefer to have no replies to this thread over people suggesting books that they haven't read themselves.

Thank Post
    Look at CBT Nuggets if you want a good resource.

Thank Post
    Have a look at Microsoft virtual academy there are resources for server 2012r2 there and its free.
    Windows Server Training Courses - Microsoft Virtual Academy

IT pro TV is quote good, is a fairly informal chat style but covers the exam probably worth subscribing to when you are revising just before the exam.
    MCSA Windows Server 2012 (70-410) | ITProTV
    £33 a month subscription.

and good luck!

Thank Post
    Thanks for the input so far, but i'm still looking to hear recommendations for books in order to compliment the way i seem to learn best.

Cheers

Thank Post
    Sorry to hijack this. Does anyone know if the 70-410 covers R2 or just 2012
    As far as studying goes. I found the MS press books were decent I just took 70-680 and 70-685
    What worked best for me is downloading test kings or similar. Taking them. Seeing where I am failing and studying those topics.
    Do not use the test kings as only source a lot of times the answers are incorrect and not relevant
    I am going to build a lab next week and hope to take the 70-410 mid september

Thank Post
    For the -410 I recently bought Exam Ref 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 R2, only read about 150-200 odd pages (I'm studying for a different cert but read this when I get bored as intend to take 410 after). Its pretty good but with all the microsoft books it can be pretty wordy at times.

For video training CBT nuggets or Pluralsight (Use to be called trainsignal), CBT do a 7 day trial with unlimited viewing, Pluralsight do a 7 day trial with only 3 hours of content (if you go over they charge you), however when my trial with them finished I filled in the survey saying I liked the content but couldn't convince the mrs about £30 a month they gave me a 1 month unlimited trial Both have very good content in my opinion.

Ps. Yes the 410 covers R2 but not alot, make sure you get resources for the R2 though.
    Last edited by DanTheLacky; 11th September 2014 at 11:27 AM.

Thank Post
    I've done 70-410 and just doing 70-412 and I'll do 70-411 after!

For videos I'll definitely recommend CBT Nuggets.

Books
    I personally use the Microsoft Exam Ref books for each AND the Microsoft Press training books. Some stuff in the Exam books is ok but the training books go into a little more depth but they are obviously not arranged in the exam way.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/0735...&pi=SY200_QL40

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00K...&pi=SY200_QL40

I also use and can't recommend highly enough Mastering Server 2012R2. It's a beast of a book but brilliant for cross referencing exam material and for just general use.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1118...&pi=SY200_QL40

Hope this helps and good luck!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread