+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, RD Web Access and IE 6 problem in Technical; Hi, we have server 2012 which hosts RD web access. Clients still use IE6 because most important company app is ...

Thank Post

RD Web Access and IE 6 problem

Hi,

we have server 2012 which hosts RD web access. Clients still use IE6 because most important company app is running on it. Company only allows IE as a browser, so I made IE 10 as a remote app. The problem is when I open URL in the IE 6, and start remote application, RDP opens and nothing happens. It's stuck at connecting to. That's with anyone's domain user account, except mine. My colleague, also domain admin has same problem as basic domain users! When a domain user logs, and I start IE6 with run as local admin, or mine account it works! Any help would be appreciated because I lost whole day troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

1.JPG

Thank Post
    I presume as you are running IE6 and by the screenshot you are still on XP? Is Network Level Authentication set to be used on the session hosts? It is possible that your machine has CredSSP enabled on it and others haven't? You could turn NLA off just to test? Also I would also check what version of the RDP client is installed.

Thank Post
    Yes, it's IE6 and win xp sp3. NLA is set. Its not CredSSP, because, its been testet on several computers, and always the same. RDP client is OK on all computers because they all got SP3.

Thank Post
    For XP SP3 to support NLA you need to enable CredSSP on XP clients as by default it is disabled. See this Description of the Credential Security Support Provider (CredSSP) in Windows XP Service Pack 3 Also if my memory serves me correct, been a while since we were on XP, XP SP3 only install 6.1, RDP 7 is a separate download Description of the Remote Desktop Connection 7.0 client update for Remote Desktop Services (RDS) for Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows Vista SP2

Thank Post
    OK, I'll try to be more precise, cause its a bit strange problem . Any WS in a domain, when I log locally as admin, rd web access works. When any domain user logs (except mine account) it doesn't work. When any domain user logs, and I start IE as run-as local admin or mine account it works. Local admin logs to windows, I start IE as ran\as with ANY domain user rd web acc. works!

Thank Post
    Found what the problem was...

Settings were Automatically detect RD...., and it should be like on the picture.

1.JPG

Thanks for help anyway

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread