+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, RDS - Cannot RDP onto session Host in Technical; HI, I have 4 Windows 2012 servers, 3 are session hosts and the other acts as the connection broker, gateway ...

Thank Post

Angry RDS - Cannot RDP onto session Host

HI,

I have 4 Windows 2012 servers, 3 are session hosts and the other acts as the connection broker, gateway and licensing server. All are in a the same subnet.
    When I try to RDP to any of the session hosts using a user which has a CAL assigned to it over 30 days old, I get an error, "The remote session was disconnected because there are no Remote Desktop License Servers available to provide a license. Please contact the server administrator".

If I try to RDP with a different user that has a CAL assigned to it which is less than 30 days old, everything works fine.

I've tried all of the registry hacks, MSLicensing key, RDS Timebomb removal but to no avail. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve this issue?

All of the diagnostic tools and Licensing tests suggest everything is in order.

Thanks

Thank Post
    In my district I had this problem when using Per Device CAL's ... once we switched to Per User CAL's the problems went away. I just looked at my license server and it's issued 114 and is still working perfectly. Check your RD Licensing Manager and see if you are still giving out Temporary CAL's ... if so then I would reinstall your licenses / reregister them with the microsoft clearing house. You might even be able to find more information in the Event Viewer to point you to where the problem is.

Thank Post
    Hi thanks for your reply. I am currently using per user licenses. When I use a user that hasn't had a license issued to it previously, that user gets a CAL assigned and can log on via RDP without any issues. If a user has already had a license issued, (over 30 days ago) I get the license error. A bit stumped on this one.

Thank Post
    Anything useful in the event viewer of note?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread