+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, RDS / TS Gateway and Smart Card authentication in Technical; I am not sure this is the right thread because my question is more has anyone done this as a ...
    Thank Post

RDS / TS Gateway and Smart Card authentication

I am not sure this is the right thread because my question is more has anyone done this as a quick and easy way to get 2FA for remote log
    Only i am thinking about implementing it for staff as remote access does allow them to sensitive data.

I had a chat with a company and what you need to implement it isn't expensive and sounds fairly straight forward
    Smartcard Focus :: Home
    Smart cards, card readers. tweak the CA server to issues special certs. and simply copy the Cert onto the smart card.

only there is so little info on the web about it if anyone has implemented it either generally in Windows or in particular on a TS Gateway i'd love to hear from you.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 1,034 Posts
    I tend to use SMS notifications via Juniper SSL appliances when i set things up, what are you thinking isn't that expensive?

Thank Post
    using smart cards, they are credit card like tokens that have a Certificate on them that belongs to the user so they authenticate via PKI using there smart card and PIN its built into windows there is just scant documentation about on the internet. it looks quite easy to produce the cards for the users and smart card readers are about 15 GBP, as are the Cards. no other software or servers are required.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by k-strider View Post
    using smart cards, they are credit card like tokens that have a Certificate on them that belongs to the user so they authenticate via PKI using there smart card and PIN its built into windows there is just scant documentation about on the internet. it looks quite easy to produce the cards for the users and smart card readers are about 15 GBP, as are the Cards. no other software or servers are required.
    I know what smart cards are, a few of my clients use them (mainly medical places), but as i say I tend to use the other way.

It can work out cheaper for the SMS and you don't need the juniper (it's just the way we use it) - it will tie straight onto windows, OWA, VPN's and Citrix.

For this we use a Cinterion MC55I linked via serial to a machine running SMS Passcode which then does the auth. User logs in using windows creds - they are sent a text message with a code and asked to enter this on the screen, they are then logged in. #

You can then get a cheap contract sim which is able to send texts and bobs your uncle.

Thank Post

RDS / TS Gateway and Smart Card authentication

I like the sound of the above for my new remote apps system, how much did it roughly cost?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ful56_uk View Post
    I like the sound of the above for my new remote apps system, how much did it roughly cost?
    not sure on the licensing side of things - get in touch with one of the resellers - the hardware is about £150.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread