+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, Publishing Internet Explorer using RemoteAPP in Technical; I setup a test server using Windows Server 2012. The main focus was installing Java and enabling the JRE plugin ...

Thank Post

Publishing Internet Explorer using RemoteAPP

I setup a test server using Windows Server 2012. The main focus was installing Java and enabling the JRE plugin in Internet Explorer (we have an internal site that relies on JRE and we would like to remove java from our standard deployment).

This worked perfect the first time I tried it using domain admin credentials. When I attempt to use a regular user account (that has access to the collection) it simply doesn't work. I have scoured the Event Log but have not found anything relevant. In searching online I have stumbled across a handful of other people mentioning the same trouble. All other apps that I have published in the same collection run fine it is only IE. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thank Post
    For anyone that was curious. I was trying to publish 32bit IE but in doing so, the x86 path to IE was not able to be published to non-admins. Using the 64bit Program Files path to IE allows IE to be published to non-admins. It also appears to default to 32bit IE in doing so since I am using 32bit Java plugin and everything is working.

I am getting a 10 second hesitation before IE loads a site that uses the Java plugin though. Anyone have any performance tuning advise? Anyone familiar with this?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread