+ Post New Thread
Windows Server 2012 Thread, RD Web Access in Technical; Has anyone tried this on Server 2012 yet? On one hand it sounds great with Web SSO that actually works... ...
    Thank Post

RD Web Access

Has anyone tried this on Server 2012 yet?

On one hand it sounds great with Web SSO that actually works... Remote Desktop Web Access single sign-on now easier to enable in Windows Server 2012 - Remote Desktop Services (Terminal Services) Team Blog - Site Home - MSDN Blogs

...but on the other hand it requires that you run a Windows 8 virtual desktop and have RDC8 client on anything connecting in

Back to the drawing board for something that will work across all devices I guess...

Thank Post
    SSO works on 2008r2. I admit it is a little fiddly the first time you do it but now I know how I can rebuild the entire lot in less than an hour (not including apps).

Where are you getting stuck?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    SSO works on 2008r2. I admit it is a little fiddly the first time you do it but now I know how I can rebuild the entire lot in less than an hour (not including apps).

I got it working with Windows 7 clients but XP was a nightmare. Needed an RDC client update, some other random update and a hotfix then still throws up a bunch of security alerts before you get to where you want to be. Also as far as I could tell there was no way to SSO to a desktop session (as opposed to a Remote App) after logging in via Web Access without installing a hotfix, which then promptly broke the RDC client on my test machine

Thank Post
    Were running 2012, but SSO is not working on Win7 or XP and im gussing Vista too. But is working on Win 8, so im gussing extra settings are needed for older OSs?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gshaw View Post
    I got it working with Windows 7 clients but XP was a nightmare.
    Agreed, but I feel quite happy telling people they should be on Vista or above. Can't really say that about 8 for a couple of years yet! Only bit I'm stuck on is OSX client support. (Just for information the only client I have found which supports an RDgateway is iTap which is around €20)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post

I got stuck with the SSO for RDWEB. I can login fine on the rdweb login page but then when i click on the remote app or remote desktop icon it asks me for another login where i have to type domain\user and then the password.

What process did you follow to get SSO to work?

Thanks

Thank Post
    What type of Cert do you have? You need a wildcard or SAN.

Add that cert to every server. Then go through every single page, settings, tabs in Remote Desktop Services and assign that cert.

Thank Post
    @techie08

Do you provide a full Windows Desktop as part of the apps that appear in the RD Web Access list? That refused to SSO and MS were saying a hotfix was required to enable it (whether that's since been included in Windows Updates I'm not sure?) Apps I got working with no problems once you sort the certificates (set in about 3-4 different places in the GUI)

This guide is useful http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/a...th-websso.aspx

Also is there any way around the stupid security warnings that pop up all the time (not certificate ones). Again the MS reply was "manage the clients via GPO and add the thumbprint of the certificate"... ummm they're home users on their own machines not domain clients Microsoft
    Last edited by gshaw; 7th December 2012 at 02:10 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread