windows 2008 r2 remote desktop service
Please can some one help. We have just had another windows update and its killed the remote desktop service on one of our windows 2008 r2 servers. We had this before due to an update and this fix repaired it last time
Windows Update KB2667402 cuasing problem. Please see MS12-020: Description of the security update for Terminal Server Denial of Service Vulnerability: March 13, 2012 for more details.
1) Connect remotely to affected server using the Computer Management Console
2) Stop the Remote Desktop Services
3) Take Ownership of file C:\Windows\System32\rdpcorekmts.dll and assign full NTFS permissions to your account
4) Rename file to rdpcorekmts.old
5) Copy file rdpcorekmts.dll from a non-patched server. I used another one of our domain controllers just to be safe.
6) Start the Remote Desktop Services
7) Test RDP login to server
I have remove the KB2667402 and that did not fix it.
I have installed the KB2667402 v2 from windows update and rebooted the server and that did not fix it.
I have done a sfc /scannow and that did not fix it.
I have followed the instructions from the first time and that did not fix it.
I am getting the following error
Faulting application name: svchost.exe_TermService, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc3c1
Faulting module name: rdpcorekmts.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16952, time stamp: 0x4f1f9e66
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000000a793
Faulting process id: 0x1024
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd4ee17450c96b
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\rdpcorekmts.dll
Report Id: 622c68d9-badc-11e1-80b4-f4ce46b6323f
Has anyone seen this and does anyone have a fix
Thanks for all your help.