Problems 2003 -> 2008 R2 Update
My brother just upgraded (or; re-installed) his olde goode 2003 server to 2008 R2, and everything seems to be quite OK now. But, for some reason he just cannot get any connection to his server outside from his D-Link firewall. He has been using some services like SVN, FTP, Tversity and Remote Desktop thru his firewall with his 2003 server, and everything worked just fine. After the 2008 R2 installation everything is working OK inside his own network, but he cannot get any connections from internet to his new server. List of things he already did:
- all ports are forwarded from D-Link just like before, and he checked that the port numbers are OK
- checked that all the services are allowed on Windows firewall
- he also added the needed ports manually to the firewall, just to be sure
- checked that the IP- address in his DynDNS service is correct, he is using the update client on his server
- tried even to turn his Comodo virus software off
But nothing works, when his try to connect any of his services with dyndns name, he just get the "connection failed" error.
Any ideas what to do?? Is there something totally different with 2008 R2 that he should understand to do to allow connections from outside world??